• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA wants DOH

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, based on the latest notes from the arbitration hearings, in the words of Ivan Drago (Rocky III)
"You will lose!

Yes, Ivan, after a bloody knock down, drag out fight you lost and retreated in humiliation.

Good analogy.

We'll settle for a draw, are you capable of it through your hubris?

Last edited:
Yes, Ivan, after a bloody knock down, drag out fight you lost and retreated in humiliation.

Good analogy.

We'll settle for a draw, are you capable of it through your hubris?

Heyas F4H,

Hehe, old Scope there can't even use analogies correctly. Besides, it was Rocky IV, not III.

Nu

Heyas nu and fly. My analogies are right in step with the nalpa communications.
Only mine don't include such cool analogies as, "super delux premium awsome, and of course, " fortress.""

Scope,

You need to chill. It is apparant that you feel that dalpas case is iron clad, so you should have nothing to worry about. However, you come across like someone who is scared ********************less that dalpas case won't hold water and your dream of all widebody capt posistions being RDs in 10 years or so won't come to fruition. Unless you are on the dalpa merger comm. you don't get a say, so you might as well sit back and enjoy the 20-25 day ride we have left..

Heyas nu and fly. My analogies are right in step with the nalpa communications.
Only mine don't include such cool analogies as, "super delux premium awsome, and of course, " fortress.""

I understand DAL's "Stovepipe" approach but I do not agree with it's application.

On 01/01/2009, pay for the MD-80 will be $72.24 and for the DC-9 $71.73 (for a second year pilot).

So typical of an NWA spinster. You are comparing after merger rates. Of course the 2nd year DC9 FO at $58/hr vs 2nd year MD88 FO (MD 90 pays even more) $69/hr paints a more accurate picture. The guys at NWA are already getting a windfall on pay rates.....dont try to muddy the waters with pay rates fought for and brought up primarily by Delta pilots.

Btw as some others have pointed out Delta will give formerly furloughed guys at NWA years of service from date of hire. Delta pilots negotiated for this and it is a huge gain over Northwests current policy of no credit for time on furlough. Essentially some furloughed NWA guys who not long ago came back will nearly double their pay overnight with the merger.

Last edited:
That is great for them, and we DALPA made sure that SLI and PWA were separate so that we could not use this arguement.

Well of course NW's opening position is DOH, just like Delta's was to create a ratio that stapled 500 NW pilots to the bottom of the list. These are opening positions. I'm no expert on negotiations, but I would assume both sides start on polar opposites, then end up somewhere in the middle.

Can we all (Delta and NW brothers) recognize this and not let this thread turn into another bloodbath of grenades being lobed back and forth?

Actually...our position wasn't a polar opposite. Our MEC came to the table with that list, that was a move from our polar side towards the middle. Some DAL pilots are upset that we did NOT open with something as radical as your MEC did. Now, bust a blood vessel.

Now if you are back ...a lot of us pilots think the ratio WITHOUT the 500 newhires stapled or something along the lines of rel sen with post 9-11 pilots DOH would be more fair.

NWA's bottom 400 pilots are not stapled and that term is nothing but flame bait. They hold their status quo flying the smallest equipment for the least pay.

Fair = what you have now is what you get after the merger. As they say in Asia, "same, same"

DTFL: Your "DOH for those below me" concept is not the direction taken. It appears Delta's proposal carefully addressed relative seniority and status quo for equipment and bidding from the most senior 747 and 777 Captains down to the most junior pilot. To this point, the negotiators have put effort into all parts of the seniority list.

Despite Bloch's threats, an arbitrated list is the most likely and best outcome IMHO.

Last edited:
Its a staple and its complete BS, especially considering our upcoming retirements. Otherwise you screw us on SLI and then take our retirements, that is a non starter.

PS
Don't forget to remind us all about your retirements which are 15 to 20 years away(a career away for most).

NWA's bottom 400 pilots are not stapled and that term is nothing but flame bait. They hold their status quo flying the smallest equipment for the least pay.

Many of our new hires are in the A320 and the 757. This is not the smallest equipment so drop the staple dance it aint going to happen.

Latest resources

Back