NWA wants DOH

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Secret plan afoot?

Here's what I have gotten via chief pilots, check airmen and union reps I have flown with....

DOH... never.

top 100 or so (amount to staff a 747-400) will be at the top.

Bottom 300-400 (amount to staff Compass and the DC-9-30s which will be parked) will be stapled. The rest will be a relative)The DC-9-40s and 50s will stay at the combined airline. The 747-200s will be gone by late 2009 or until Delta can replace them with 777s. They are losing miney but are being flown to preserve landing slots at NRT.

The Dc-9-40s and 50s are staying to be brought to ATL to compete with Air Tran; we cannot compete head to head with them with any kind of RJ...

Latest rumors I got..

That sounds like a negotiated list is still in the works. If so, the biggest hurdle would be "selling" it to the membership -- and what better way to do that than by scaring them with outrageous opening positions? Then, just before the arbitrators act, the compromise magically appears!

Here's what I have gotten via chief pilots, check airmen and union reps I have flown with....

DOH... never.

top 100 or so (amount to staff a 747-400) will be at the top.

Bottom 300-400 (amount to staff Compass and the DC-9-30s which will be parked) will be stapled. The rest will be a relative)The DC-9-40s and 50s will stay at the combined airline. The 747-200s will be gone by late 2009 or until Delta can replace them with 777s. They are losing miney but are being flown to preserve landing slots at NRT.

The Dc-9-40s and 50s are staying to be brought to ATL to compete with Air Tran; we cannot compete head to head with them with any kind of RJ...

Latest rumors I got..

That seems fairly realistic. I can see the top 100 or so being NWA guys, and the bottom 400 being NWA due to possible planes going bye bye, then the rest relative seniority. We'll see I guess.

Bye Bye--General Lee

then maybe you will get DOH with a 20 year fence.
Mien Gott! Was that on the table? Make it a 30 year fence with no cross bidding and TAKE IT!

BTW ... NWA FAA Inspectors riding Delta jumpseats today. Meeting in ATL on DAL procedures. NWA AirCrew Standards, Inspectors, Managers will be ATL FSDO personnel on remote assignments to NWA bases. Same people who have been doing the NWA program, shifted to the DAL program. Very good crew IMHO from first impressions.

Last edited:
Truth hurts eh?
Beisdes, this is coming from a guy with an avatar giving out the middle finger!:rolleyes:
MSP training center must be blushing with pride!:blush:

I can't imagine you'd ever have the depth of musical culture necessary to identify that picture, but then again I also doubt you have opposable thumbs....

I resort to an obscure album cover as my avatar, and you resort to baseless, classless name calling. To each his own, my friend of sub-par intellect and questionable parentage... to each his own....

Latest resources

Back