• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

nwa vote passes.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's if there are any of the young still around to be thrown.... It seems most have already headed for another bus.
As have I. Counting the weeks. I am GLAD to see the old f@rts taking it in the shorts as that would be justice for what they did to the fos. The ironic thing is they are too old and cantankerous to move anywhere else. I can only imagine what these @$$hoiles would be like in an interview. I'll bet there are some lake properties being sold real cheap in MN this summer. HAHAHAHAAHA!

DoinTime said:
Personally, I think Compass will be initially used to gut the DC-9 fleet at mainline. When Northwest comes out of bankruptcy their fleet makeup at that time will set the bar for scope restrictions. The more DC-9's they can get rid of prior to exiting bankruptcy the looser the scope becomes.

Whether or not a third Airlink will come in and gut XJ/9E is yet to be seen.

Doin'

I think you're right. I would expect to see an order for the required 10 90 seaters for the mainline in short order. These aircraft are the gateway to virtually unlimited 76 seaters. I wouldn't expect to see more than 10 E-190s at the mainline, though, and Compass will grow like a weed.

Lot's of furloughed guys are NOT going to quit what they're doing to go to Compass. You might have a few, and a few more oddball mainline types who don't need the money bidding down to fly the left seat, but other that that Compass will be hiring off the street.

Once at Compass, you can flow up to the mainline, but at the new pay rates, who cares? There are better jobs, IMHO, once you have the experience.

Nu

Isn't Compass limited to 36 aircraft though, per the NWA TA? Its going to be all 70 seat aircraft too, so I don't see them taking CRJ's from 9E at all. There whole intent was to only operate 1 crj. You know there are going to be more than 36 70 seat aircraft as well, which is why I don't think we have that much to worry about. We might lose a couple 50's right up front as Compass takes over those routes that need to be on 70 + seat aircraft (DTW - ORD/MDW) but They are not going to just take like 40 of our airplanes away like some of you guys think.

iahawkeye said:
Just another major airlines lowering the bar for the regionals. Airlines really know how to manipulate these old 50+ year old pilots. Walking through the terminal with their hats and proffesional demanor working for nothing. You all are making it really difficult for all of us ipod wearing spike hair 1000 hr. newhire fo's.

Yea and verily (done while wearing ashes and sackcloth), ye have brought the wrath upon thyself! I have heard ye in thy terminals and in thine cockpits. Ye have cried out as a voice in the wilderness, "wherefore art thou, oh fast upgrade? Wherefore art thou, oh larger aircraft? I shall fly thee for a pittance, if only I can possess thee!" And in thine short sightedness, thou hast forced the aged pilot to thy level, in order that he keepeth some measure of that which he had. For thine own sins, ye shall wander forty years in the wilderness, that thou mayest learn thy lesson. Patience and hard work are indeed virtues! Thus endeth mine prophecy!

KaptainKarl said:
As have I. Counting the weeks. I am GLAD to see the old f@rts taking it in the shorts as that would be justice for what they did to the fos. The ironic thing is they are too old and cantankerous to move anywhere else. I can only imagine what these @$$hoiles would be like in an interview. I'll bet there are some lake properties being sold real cheap in MN this summer. HAHAHAHAAHA!

Whatsamatter, KK? Wouldn't you like to grow up and have a house on the lake? College-educated children? A new Buick every five years? A little something set aside so you don't bankrupt those kids when you and the wife need long-term care some day?

Frankly, you sound like you don't interview very well your own self. Why so bitter?

Righteous!!!

doh said:
Yea and verily (done while wearing ashes and sackcloth), ye have brought the wrath upon thyself! I have heard ye in thy terminals and in thine cockpits. Ye have cried out as a voice in the wilderness, "wherefore art thou, oh fast upgrade? Wherefore art thou, oh larger aircraft? I shall fly thee for a pittance, if only I can possess thee!" And in thine short sightedness, thou hast forced the aged pilot to thy level, in order that he keepeth some measure of that which he had. For thine own sins, ye shall wander forty years in the wilderness, that thou mayest learn thy lesson. Patience and hard work are indeed virtues! Thus endeth mine prophecy!

This post is awesome!!! Both in delivery, and content. Spot on IMO. Maybe if some more regional folks could comprehend this factor, they would at least understand why they feel victimized. You should never let yourself feel victimized!!!

Once at Compass, you can flow up to the mainline, but at the new pay rates, who cares? There are better jobs, IMHO, once you have the experience.

You can only flow up to NW if you have been furloughed from NW. Anyone hired off the street has no more favorable chances at a job at NW than any other pilot in the country.

Isn't Compass limited to 36 aircraft though, per the NWA TA? Its going to be all 70 seat aircraft too, so I don't see them taking CRJ's from 9E at all. There whole intent was to only operate 1 crj.

The DOT filing said that Compass would take delivery of 36 aircraft. That is by no means a cap or even remotely accurate. Up to 90 76 seat aircraft can be put into service with NW if no more than 55 of them are operated outside of Compas.

PCL was only supposed to recieve 43 CRJ's per the original DOT filing. The reason behind operating just one CRJ is to just keep the certificate active so it doesn't have to be recertified.

DoinTime said:
You can only flow up to NW if you have been furloughed from NW. Anyone hired off the street has no more favorable chances at a job at NW than any other pilot in the country.
You get an interview and prefered hiring if you work at compass. This is subject to metering limitations and other various things. In other words if they like you, they hire you, just like every other pilot that applies.
But to recent ERAU or whatever puppy mill grads, that's enough to work for free for years.

YourPilotFriend said:
You get an interview and prefered hiring if you work at compass.

Sweet! Dude, is prefered [sic] hiring like being an MVP GOLD on an airline with only one class of seats? It gets you on the plane slightly ahead of the fat, sweaty lady that's inevitably going to sit next to you, and who forgot her deodorant this morning.

YourPilotFriend said:
You get an interview and prefered hiring if you work at compass. This is subject to metering limitations and other various things. In other words if they like you, they hire you, just like every other pilot that applies.
But to recent ERAU or whatever puppy mill grads, that's enough to work for free for years.

YPF...this is quoted from your MEC's "across the table" March 9th publication.

SJet Pilot Employment Opportunities:

Terms and conditions for hiring SJet pilots at NWA are the same as for non-SJet pilots, as established by NWA. (Note: Laid off NW pilots at SJet are recalled to Northwest, not hired at Northwest.)

SJet pilots shall be selected for employment opportunities at NWA in seniority order.

If NWA hired out of Compass they would only drive up their own training costs.

Latest resources

Back