• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DoinTime said:
Judging by their new contract they are.
You said it...

Well at the chief pilot meeting last week in Minne. they said that come fall msp will be losing 2000 flight hours. and Before everyone starts saying we slow down in the fall.....yes I know that. but 2000 that is 20% of our flying, even with the gain over summer we are still losing like 1500 net. Me thinks the hammer is getting ready to drop on 9E. Now that compass can exist many of our routes will be replaced, perhaps this is the begining or maybe the flying is going to another regional. Too soon to know, but if.........
I've been saying that for about half a year now. The announcement of a PCL reduction to 80-90 aircraft is probably going to come right about the time 2nd quarter results are announced and will most likely coincide with an announcement about the RFP and a spool-up in Compass aircraft delivery.

Hold on, the ride's gonna get a whole lot rockier in short order.

Just to take your mind off it, though... ;)

http://www.miamidolphins.com/cheerleaders/2005squad/2005squad.asp

Just another major airlines lowering the bar for the regionals. Airlines really know how to manipulate these old 50+ year old pilots. Walking through the terminal with their hats and proffesional demanor working for nothing. You all are making it really difficult for all of us ipod wearing spike hair 1000 hr. newhire fo's.

Just as it was supposed to a happen, all the late 40 and over 50 pilots said this is better deal than driving a bread truck.

pilotyip said:
Just as it was supposed to a happen, all the late 40 and over 50 pilots said this is better deal than driving a bread truck.

Darn right! you can't fault a pilot group for voting their conscience. If they didn't want it then it wouldnt have passed. Thats what we call democracy kids. Meaning majority rules.

That's great it passed!! :rolleyes:

Great!! They caved in and now management can award themselves with bonuses the pilots paid for. What happened to all that talk by that NWAMEC guy "There is nothing left to protect, therefore we will walk." That's all it was talk talk talk and no action. More "all about me" vote and the race to fly for food stamps goes on!

NWA now, DAL next, still no one with the solidarity and balls to stand up and say enough is enough!!

Last edited:
Lear70 said:
You said it...

I've been saying that for about half a year now. The announcement of a PCL reduction to 80-90 aircraft is probably going to come right about the time 2nd quarter results are announced and will most likely coincide with an announcement about the RFP and a spool-up in Compass aircraft delivery.

Hold on, the ride's gonna get a whole lot rockier in short order.

Just to take your mind off it, though... ;)

http://www.miamidolphins.com/cheerleaders/2005squad/2005squad.asp

I can't wait to tell you that you were wrong

Well at the chief pilot meeting last week in Minne. they said that come fall msp will be losing 2000 flight hours.

Is this a 9E pilot meeting? I wasn't there but I never heard of this before. If its true I would have thought that little tidbit would have spread like wildfire through the pilot group.

Now that compass can exist many of our routes will be replaced, perhaps this is the begining or maybe the flying is going to another regional.

Personally, I think Compass will be initially used to gut the DC-9 fleet at mainline. When Northwest comes out of bankruptcy their fleet makeup at that time will set the bar for scope restrictions. The more DC-9's they can get rid of prior to exiting bankruptcy the looser the scope becomes.

Whether or not a third Airlink will come in and gut XJ/9E is yet to be seen.

DoinTime said:
Is this a 9E pilot meeting? I wasn't there but I never heard of this before. If its true I would have thought that little tidbit would have spread like wildfire through the pilot group.

Yes it was at a 9E pilot meeting, either right before or right after the guy from FOQA talked, although I cannot remember. I am thinking that the reason it did not spread is they followed it up with the we always reduce our schedule in the fall, but to me that is a big reduction. Is there anything to what they said, hell I dont know. It will be interesting that is for sure. I have not heard anything else out of that pilot meeting around though other than the CAT II stuff.

The official word from the MGMT types that I asked said well anything after August is pure speculation because we dont know how Kronos will build the lines or what NWA has in mind for 9e flying after the summer.....I dont know feels like a fluff job to me, I guess only time will tell. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

OMG

It has spread like wildfire. I heard the same thing while hanging in MSP last week.

Latest resources

Back