NWA Transferring Pinnacle Assets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We've been over this before.

According to their "staffing model", we're now "overstaffed" for the number of aircraft we have (after the 15 are parked).

Therefore, no need to hire F/O's, even though we cancelled over 60 flights in the last 48 hours for lack of F/O's. I'm sure Phill will call it a "transitory problem linked to the improper use of the new Crew Trac software" and not anything to do with improper staffing, as THAT would point to management error.

As long as they think that 4 crews per aircraft is acceptable (lowest in the industry), our QOL will ALWAYS suck.

Just remember that Pinnacle and Mesaba are publicaly held companies any tranfser of assets or one airline doing something that would change its operation by adding or deleting aircraft from their fleet must provider a 8-K filing with the SEC. There is nothing to support this rumor. It also has been said by management that these airplane are parked long term and that Mesaba is not to operate them.

It is true about the 8K filing. However, they would not file this report until terms and conditions between NW and XJ have been sured up. Additionally, they wouldn't file this early due to potential stock price impacts at the companies involved. So it can't be ruled out just yet. Big brother NW still calls the shots between 9E and XJ...

"It also has been said by management..."

Now there's an enlightening statement. Assuming the quote above is being spoken about 9E I think you should definitely believe every word they say. They are probably the only airline management that speaks the truth.

On another note, I have this bridge for sale in Brooklyn......

p.s. I hope you were being sarcastic as well ;)

transfer to XJ

Dont think Myname is Jim is DX in memphis... But would the parking of the planes at TYS explain how they could swap the tails to XJ. I heard that they were to be rolling parked allowing the 44's to be switched to 50 seaters then switched out for service needs. How hard is it to retail a plane. Surely there has to be some official documentation.

Midnight Brit
Coming to you on ACARS 4 nights a week

Latest resources

Back