NWA to hose Pinnacle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General
I do not think it is all pilot pay, yes I agree that business people who cheat there way through college are the problem....it just gets old when the major guys blame the regional pilots when we are not the problem it is management. just venting

finnjl said:
General
I do not think it is all pilot pay, yes I agree that business people who cheat there way through college are the problem....it just gets old when the major guys blame the regional pilots when we are not the problem it is management. just venting
If you want to vent about mainline pilots, go vent on the regional board. You'll get a lot more sympathy and empathy there. I'm willing to bet most people at the mainlines have paid their dues in one way or another and your venting isn't going to change their mindset. They aren't necessarily better, just been at it longer. Yes mgt is the problem not the pilots...regional or mainline.

finnjl said:
you know, sometimes I get tired when I see some legacy carrier mainline pilots bitching about how Pinnacle or whatever regional it happens to be is screwing them and all the growth is at the regional., etc. etc. etc. I am sorry but I do not feel too bad as the layed off guys could of taken crappy jobs like the rest of us regional scum but they are too good. I know some guys did take regional jobs. I imagine most of the of the pilots that bitch about regional pilots are probably ex military guys who got out of the military with a full retirement and went straight to work at a Major. I am getting tired of them saying that the regional scum is bringing down the industry, like we have any say what so ever what the pay is going to be. By the way I never saw any mainline pilot ever say they were not going to fly until the pay at there associated regional is raised. Also I get tired of hearing about how shootty it is when they have to fly a GIV until they can get back to their airline job. I am just getting tired of being poor and listening to these mainline guys bitch when there are plently of opportunities out there for them. Maybe if a 777 captain did not make 300,000 per year maybe they could spread the wealth and pay a freakin regional FO 40,000 a year to start but instead we get 20,000 a year to start. Yes I feel some mainline pilots are not over paid. This will probably piss off a lot of pilots but there are a lot of people out there with Phds that do not make 100,000 per year. Get out of the freaking industry if it is so bad and if the mainline pilots do not start coming around and facing reality there future is not too good. (Eastern, Braniff, Pam AM, etc. etc.) Everyone said they would never go away as well.

Nevermind.

Last edited:
finnjl said:
you know, sometimes I get tired when I see some legacy carrier mainline pilots bitching about how Pinnacle or whatever regional it happens to be is screwing them and all the growth is at the regional., etc. etc. etc. I am sorry but I do not feel too bad as the layed off guys could of taken crappy jobs like the rest of us regional scum but they are too good. I know some guys did take regional jobs. I imagine most of the of the pilots that bitch about regional pilots are probably ex military guys who got out of the military with a full retirement and went straight to work at a Major. I am getting tired of them saying that the regional scum is bringing down the industry, like we have any say what so ever what the pay is going to be. By the way I never saw any mainline pilot ever say they were not going to fly until the pay at there associated regional is raised. Also I get tired of hearing about how shootty it is when they have to fly a GIV until they can get back to their airline job. I am just getting tired of being poor and listening to these mainline guys bitch when there are plently of opportunities out there for them. Maybe if a 777 captain did not make 300,000 per year maybe they could spread the wealth and pay a freakin regional FO 40,000 a year to start but instead we get 20,000 a year to start. Yes I feel some mainline pilots are not over paid. This will probably piss off a lot of pilots but there are a lot of people out there with Phds that do not make 100,000 per year. Get out of the freaking industry if it is so bad and if the mainline pilots do not start coming around and facing reality there future is not too good. (Eastern, Braniff, Pam AM, etc. etc.) Everyone said they would never go away as well.

I am not too good to do that, but why should I get paid that? I did that many years ago for more money on a SAAB. Why would accept that when I hate to use this one but, full time at Home Depot I can make more than you starting at a regional. Not to mention the additional commuting expenses. Who said anything about being too good? When you have a family and mortgage, and expenses how are you supposed to live off take-home pay of around $1700 a month? Please explain? It is easy to be in your early 20s and live with a bunch of guys in crash pad. How are you supposed to do that later in life with kids?

Why once again is this the only profession that you were willing to work at for those wages, and screw the other guys for making more? Pay on the whale at UAL has nothing to do with what you negotiated at your regional.

That fact that you consider yourself "regional scum" shows the self esteem you have, and what you are willing to do about it. Jeez, as our pay, benefits, and pensions get robbed guys like you have no sympathy and expect me to go back 10 plus years and yank gear for you.

Tell you what, I would rather pick up your bags as the Hilton van driver and take the tips knowing that i am making more than you. But what the heck it is worth it, wearing that cool pilot uniform, and having maxed our credit card so you can wear a Breigthling on your wrist.

AA

While we are being consumed with what is going on today, if we don't think about what we want in 15 years, someone else will.

Management plans 15yrs out. We as pilots try and plan our next contract. They have already war gamed these negotiations and won.

Tank Commander said:
Management plans 15yrs out. We as pilots try and plan our next contract. They have already war gamed these negotiations and won.

You vastly overestimate management and underestimate the Association. They haven't won anything yet, and we don't intend to let them. Have some faith in your fellow pilots.

Latest resources

Back