Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA Super Premium Wide Body Boondoggle - if 65 Wasn't Bad Enough...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It was a joke. You have to admit, that'd kill it.

It always cracks me up when resolutions get so completely amended on the floor that the author is just going nuts with "but, tha, no, ..."

It was a joke. You have to admit, that'd kill it.

It always cracks me up when resolutions get so completely amended on the floor that the author is just going nuts with "but, tha, no, ..."
I understood the joke, and thought it was funny too. Just not necessary to feed the trolls when we don't have to!

Just wondering, but what keeps the senior guys from only flying a couple of trips a month now. Do they have to have a min. block per month. I think here at AT you can drop all your block you just won't get paid and may have to pay extra to cover health costs if you don't fly enough to pay for it. Also, are you guys still restricted on the # of hours you can get paid for per month?

I think the new MEC will be smart enough to deny them this resolution.

I'd warn against thinking any MEC is smart enough to read your mind on any particular resolution. Go to the meeting or at the least contact your rep an let them know your concerns.
A panel of 55+ year old guys may think this is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Heyas,

If the golden oldie NWA guys are using this to double dip because of their A fund, what would be in it for the DAL guys?

I don't see how any Delta guy would benefit from this. They want these guys gone as much as the rest of us.

I hope this gets laughed out of the new DAL MEC.

Nu

The computer will assign you trips based on your seniority and preferences. We have an ALV (average line value) for each aircraft every month. The ALV will vary according to the number of block hours and number of qualified pilots in that category. On the MD-88 B ATL the ALV is 82-89 for the month of February. Your line value will be between those numbers.

Senior guys on the 777 might have a lower line value. To drop a trip, somebody must pick it up of it can be dropped if there is coverage.

I do not want the senior guys to have the option to get a full pension and only fly when they want to. It is not fair to the Delta guys who lost their pension and now have to fly until 65 to make up lost money.

I do not buy the arguement that the NWA guys will only fly part-time and everybody will move up a little. There is too much money at stake. The company may not want it because it costs too much to pay two guys to one person's job. I do not think that the MEC will vote on the proposal. If they let the senior guys fly part-time why can't I fly part time? It must be fair and representive to all.

I'd warn against thinking any MEC is smart enough to read your mind on any particular resolution. Go to the meeting or at the least contact your rep an let them know your concerns.
A panel of 55+ year old guys may think this is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I have faith in my MEC. They think in the long term and not just for one group of pilots. My voice and reasoning will be know and I will listening to what the MEC has to say about the issue.

At Northwest, was the MEC a certain group of pilots who only looked out for themselves? Not to flame, just curious.

At Northwest, was the MEC a certain group of pilots who only looked out for themselves? Not to flame, just curious.

In a nutshell yes. There was a 51/49 split between the forces of good and the forces of darkness. Our former MEC CH was the head of the Medusa. Many, many FN pilots are very grateful to be under a new MEC.

In a nutshell yes. There was a 51/49 split between the forces of good and the forces of darkness. Our former MEC CH was the head of the Medusa. Many, many FN pilots are very grateful to be under a new MEC.

Let us not forget how those forces of darkness at NWALPA created fear, then wrap it up that fear into a contract that took care of the senior pilots and gave the junior pilot's flying away to Compass Airlines.

Not until the FAs voted down their conciliatory contract did the NW pilots realize that NWALPA had led them astray and they had been duped by Steenland and crew.

The 600 million that the pilots negotiated away from themselves was then was distributed amongst upper management and what was left was used to create Compass Airlines. A "slap in the face" flow-down was put in place so that in the event of tough times, junior NWA pilots could slide down and reclaim their flying but at bargain basement prices that gave no credit for longevity.

Sorry for the quick history lesson but when things go wrong they really go wrong. Hopefully, with the new DALPA, we will use common sense and not let fear and greed divide the group. No more giving away flying off the bottom or off the top. If you want to fly part-time after 60, go buy a super cub.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back