Nwa Strike Vote

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Going2Baja said:
Ok then smart guy - What? Lay down and take what Mngt wants? I don't think so.....

Draw a line and strike if they cross! The company isn't worth coming back to if the entire contract is thrown out!

Draw that line in the sand and stay fast!!

Baja.

WHAT BAJA SAID !!!

If Mgmt imposes their contract on us, we might as well work somewhere else.

Anybody want to give me an internal rec ?

I'd apreciate it !

320AV8R

Pilots have too much to lose. How sad is this. Now it union vs union and the pilots have to much to lose? I think everybody has a life to maintain so everyone has to much to loose. Rember no one cares what you use to do in the unemployment line.

Last edited:
There will not be a strike, that tune has been played out at other carriers, some kind of compromise will be reached.

However, the companys demands are ludicrious!

320AV8R said:
WHAT BAJA SAID !!!

If Mgmt imposes their contract on us, we might as well work somewhere else.

Anybody want to give me an internal rec ?

I'd apreciate it !

320AV8R

Sure... I just started a Wal Mart management trainee program. We're looking for a greeter. I'll vouch for you, if interested.

PHXFLYR:cool:

mesaba2425 said:
Strike = career suicide. Let's hope the pilots have a lot of money in the bank because the majority of them won't make the salaries they are making now at a different job.

Won't make the salaries they are making now? Thats the point!

NWA is going to fire half the pilots, the CSA's, the Res agents, the Grnd. workers, and the Mechanics. Then hire them back at half pay at some outsourced company anyway.

Whats the difference if they walk here and go to jetblue, Fedex, Virgin, etc.

mesaba2425 said:
Strike = career suicide. Let's hope the pilots have a lot of money in the bank because the majority of them won't make the salaries they are making now at a different job.

It is understandable why you are questioning this. You have two things against you. If they strike and NW liquidates, you also lose your job most likely. IF they stand up and say no to unlimited RJs for you and Mesaba, then you lose out on upgrades etc. and will have stagnation in the Saab. NW cannot outsource their own mainline pilots, instead NW would just liquidate. They could, on the otherhand, find a replacement for Mesaba with the unlimited number of regionals out there looking for new work. A double edged sword for you guys.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
How about a European style.Anything from 4 hrs to 2 days on strike,seams to work for the French and Italians..LOL

Original Eastern and Continental Pilots would be more than happy to explain how well a strike will work! Every other airline pilot would be happy to have their company fly the former NW routes, or fly former NW airplanes, and if the NW pilots are lucky they will be offered an interview after all of the furloughed pilots are recalled.

Unless every other airline pilot is willing to enter into a sympathy strike and shut down the industry a NW pilot strike is doomed and management knows it. Right now management has all of the leverage; worst case for Management, they walk away to a new job at equal or greater pay, 20 year + NW pilots get to interview for new hire positions at 'fill in the blank' airline.

afres bum said:
Unless every other airline pilot is willing to enter into a sympathy strike and shut down the industry ...

Great idea! Unfortunately, illegal under the Railway Labor Act.

Latest resources

Back