• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Nwa Strike Vote

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
After Eastern collapsed, people predicted that Florida would go back to just being a sand bar with grass on it. I agree with you the transition will hurt. DTW 4 parallels, 6 active , new facility's. DTW is a vacuum, it will suck in new carriers. same with MSP. MEM now, will be hurt'in. I hope for all non of this comes to pass. But business is business

i look at who responded to this thread.....some general aviation idiots.....shon ........whoever......i may only be a regional pilot...but i know that when the majors give it, it limits my career.....when they give..we give..and you future idiot pilots....will make less than a highschool grad at any burger management job......seriously.....i am not kiddding........look on any job site and see where you can make 29 grand a year your second or third year of service..

I am living in my sisters house....she makes more than me managing a dentists office 35 hours a week with a highschool education and no college...thank god i got my BA and all my ratings to make less than 30 grand a year........at XJ who wants to make me make less than 20 grand a year......i say F#$% them all and the judge who willl agree with managemnt.........where are revolutionary when you need them....who will take care of those corporate puppets working as judges when they screw us all over? social revolution might be what is needed.......the 2nd amendment......the 2nd amendment.......the 1st amendment.......dam i like venting here.......since i can only sit and watch.....as i contemplate a job in costruction......or fastfood......with my BA

General Lee,

Yes, NWA wants to give unlimited 76 seaters to the lowest bidder. As far as Mesaba is concerned, we as pilots have heard zero about any of those a/c showing up. We have been told by management that we will be an all Saab fleet and ALPA agrees.....this was the assumption ALPA used when negotiating our current contract. Plus, NWA ALPA has to give it up.

When/if NWA ALPA gives up scope, then their DC-9 fleets will be outsourced. I still contend that they are outsourcing their fleets currently. Just look at the number of gates that Pinnacle has in MEM compared to 5 years ago. Those gates used to park Airbus's and 9's. Look at the "regional" city pairs Pinnacle is running.

It is indeed, a very sad situation.

Latest resources

Back