• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA Stock... Dump it or keep it ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would hold the shares. Steenland is playing poker with the unions and he doesn't have a poker face. His frustration is showing. Trying to get everything he can out of the current enviornment. Accountants doing all they can to show the gloom. Last year budget for fuel was $40. Averaged $50 or so. Company shows a loss of $540 Million. Misc. exspense of $409 million. There alone is a $1 Bil loss on the books with cash flow supporting the operation. Think the $409 mil. was cash paid for 5 A-330's. Recently financed all 18 787's with options for 50. 16 more A-330's coming online next few years. 14 year pension relief with 7 year transition period is what they needed. Hedge fund recentlyntly loaded up on NWA shares. Get by the Aug. 21 date and an upside potential. And if UAL gets out of Ch-11 before 2009 imagine the possibilities......

DUMP! then buy a real airline stock.

Aviation consultant Robert Mann said that if Northwest breaks the union, it will be AMFA's fault for demanding to be paid more than most other airline mechanics.

Northwest is letting the union "hang themselves. They're giving them enough rope and they're going to hang themselves. I hate to use that analogy, but Northwest knows where the rope is."

Flight Info for Stock Advice?

You need to review Financial Accountly 101, take a thorough look a the 10-K and 10-Qs, avoid the emotions and sensationalization of the media, and make an educated quess.

Don't ever come to this board for advice! He!!, some of the people on this board hardly know enough to fly transport catagory aircraft, let alone know financials.

What are you crazy SWA a "real airline", no way. I was thinking something like one of the big 3. In fact, I dumped the 8,000 shares they gave me and bought some real stock!

Thanks for the advice.... From what I read ... Pilots do know what the he!! is happening,, and going on... Sincere thanks for your perspective folks !

I tend to think Steenland is going for the throat. Unfortunate.. But I do agree if they get past this little storm everything looks pretty darn good for the years to come. However, a much different work environment. (At the expense of the workers) Raise the fairs Steenland. Stop worrying about market share and ego.

I should have sold when it was 30 bucks.... Damn.

SWA/FO said:
DUMP! then buy a real airline stock.

LUV has hovered within 20% of it's current price for the past 3 years. I like to buy and hold, but I'm still waiting for the "big payoff"

Latest resources

Back