• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA status???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

--overcapacity has prevented any increase whatsoever in RASM..... fares are the same as they were over a decade ago, in real dollars

320AV8R[/quote]

Fares, in relation to "real dollars" are actually less today than the were a decade ago....f*cking ridiculous.

I think the bankruptcy laws need changing after this case. Seriously, the 1113(c) process is a fucking joke.

I think that there needs to be a mechanism to charge CEO's, Officers and Directors with malpractice, just the same as if they were lawyers, doctors, accountants, or any other professional. This practice of rewarding these boobs for incompetence has got to come to an end. When Leo Mullin was forced out, he should have left Delta with bus fare home, not with $14 million as a reward for burning through $6 billion. Stephen Wolfe should have been sued by UsAirways shareholders to recover the $35 million, or whatever he got, and so on, and so on . .

Secondly, when a company such as UAL gores bankrupt and their stock becomes worthless, when they emerge from bankruptcy, the new shares issued should go to those who were left holding worthless shares when they entered bankruptcy, not to an IPO and to reward management!

Where is the outrage? Let me guess, looking for the closest parking spot to the door at Walmart and watching "Dancing with the Stars".

:angryfire

BigBlock said:
Fares, in relation to "real dollars" are actually less today than the were a decade ago....f*cking ridiculous.

Personally, I think this has been a great disservice to the American family.

In the past, people of lesser means would have to drive to their destinations, often over a period of days. 3 days in a car was great opportunity for family bonding.

This reduction in road travel has led, sadly, to the demise of some classic roadside attractions, like Gatorland and the "Worlds Largest Mud House", great Americana that we will only see now on the History Channel.

Now people just pack up their clothes in their garbage bags, troup on the airplane, put on their iPods and tune each other out...sad...

Nu

I think they'll get a T.A. today. It didn't sound like they were too far apart.

The judge can chill them for a day or so, but after that it gets messy. Nobody wants messy.

My prediction = Deal today.

tubelcane said:
Of course, it's all George Bush's fault. That explains everything.

Tubelcane-

I'm sorry to see that you're one of the ALL or NOTHING crowd. That is not what I said, I did not imply "fault" for any of the reasons given.

My point was: that the last time ALPA & NW Mgmt were deadlocked, the previous Administration sent Bruce Lindsay to "assist" in the negotiations. A deal was cut that afternoon.

This Administration is anti-labor, and would offer no such assistance. If fact, Dubya wouldn't piss on us if we were on fire, he just finished a Big Gulp, & had an overactive bladder.

320AV8R

I was slightly kidding. I get tired of the its his fault crowd. Isn't it sad though the need for someone from the govt. to "assist" in getting a deal. Isn't that what the mediator is for?

tubelcane said:

I was slightly kidding. I get tired of the its his fault crowd. Isn't it sad though the need for someone from the govt. to "assist" in getting a deal. Isn't that what the mediator is for?

There was no mediator by then. We were on strike. Lindsay told ALPA to deal or a PEB was not out of the question. He told NWA to deal if the words "Pacific routes" and "fifth freedom rights" meant anything to them.

Latest resources

Back