Nwa Scab Mechanics.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
777 tech said:
NWA A320 has new engine changed by SCABS in DTW. Same plane lands in MKE with engine problems. SCAB mechanic ingests hose into same engine. I guess you get what you pay for.
A Northwest Airlines Corp. plane made an unscheduled landing at Gallatin Field airport near Bozeman Thursday evening, after pilots smelled something burning in the cockpit.
NWA 747-400 emergency landing in osaka japan reported engine problems
amfa33.org

I'll bet that NWA had mechanical problems with their union wrenches too!

skydivinguy said:
I'll bet that NWA had mechanical problems with their union wrenches too!

Yes... we did have some issues. But it's a long long long list with these scabs. Do a search or ask questions the truth will come out -
:uzi: scabs suck......... :smash:

777 tech said:
Yes... we did have some issues. But it's a long long long list with these scabs. Do a search or ask questions the truth will come out -
:uzi: scabs suck......... :smash:

Can you show me the list that is created BEFORE the new mechanics came in? Not one of those union generated lists, but something from a unbiased credible source.

The media (especially local media for DTW and MSP) had the company and new mechanics under a close watch as the Union guys left their jobs. Blown tires on landings were interupting afternoon soaps, and showing up on the front page of papers. Then, over time, they didn't care so much because they looked around and found out that the things that are happening now are no different then they were happening before. If anything, the MEL's have reached new record lows at NWA now.

The mechanic is only as good as his union makes him out to be.

the MEL's have reached new record lows at NWA now.
do to the reduced flight schedule / half the aircraft
a quote from an F/A, old one ,but a good story.....

The following about the HNL flight was written on a flight attendnt bulletin board

Let me start by saying the only reason I post this here is because you won't hear about it anywhere else and it's EXTREMELY IMPORTANT that we crewmembers know and understand what's going on in this new and strange environment we're working in.

Saturday night, 20AUG05... my crew shows up at the gate in HNL only to be told by gate personnel that the aircraft we'll be flying in tonight just had an emergency landing. It was on its way from Seattle to Maui and lost so much oil in the right engine it had to divert and land in HNL.

As we walked onto the jetbridge we could see six or seven replacement mechanics walking around the right engine looking rather clueless. There was also a woman with a purse standing next to them and we would find out later that she worked for the FAA.

It looked as though we weren't going anywhere and to be honest, we didn't want to go anywhere on a broken airplane supposedly fixed by a bunch of rookies who may or may not have worked on a 757 engine before. But sure enough, NWA made the decision to fly it... giving us what they called a "one-hour release" meaning, we were told, that the plane could be flown for one hour to see how it would perform.

So the boarding began and after an hour and a half of paperwork signing we left the gate... all of us feeling a little compromised.

A little more than an hour out over the Pacific ocean... the lead was called up to the cockpit and told we had a problem. The right engine was leaking oil again and there was a good chance we'd have to turn around and go back to HNL. We were told to stay tuned.....

Halfway through the flight, the lead is called back up to the cockpit and told that the engine was still leaking oil but we had reached the 'point of no return' and would continue to SFO.

Needless to say, it was a very long night... and while the passengers slept completely unaware, we were left sitting in the back galley wondering to ourselves if the oil leak would get any worse or how a 757 might fly with just one engine. (I never did have the chance to ask the captain this.)

The airplane landed safely at about 7:30 am and all of us walked off the airplane furious at the situation NWA had put us in.

Again, the reason I share this is because I very much feel that our lives were placed at risk unnecessarily and I'm very upset about it.

We did talk to our base manager upon landing and he assured us that our concerns were 'duly noted' (what this really means I have no clue.)

I then placed a call to the FAA Whistleblower Protection line and will make a full report to them tomorrow (Monday).

In the meantime, I suggest that all of you do the same thing anytime you feel that our safety is being compromised. In the last three days alone we've had a plane land in Guam without a broken nosegear, smoke on a DC-9 and a 757 land with four flat tires. And these are only the incidents we know about it. It's incumbent on all of us to be EXTREMELY ALERT... and if you see anything that doesn't look quite right.... SAY SOMETHING!

Hmmmm.......so what's the moral of this story? You need union mechanics to find an oil leak? Looks like they had the quantity of personnel looking at the engine at least!

next flight leg, same a/c ...

Same aircraft! Ship 5804 SEA-OGG diverted into HNL on August 21st. SCABs thought they fixed the problem and dispatched it to SFO. Supposely, the aircraft again lost oil pressure. The crew finished the flight with the engine in idle avoiding an IFSD. Also heard the engine arrived with only 6 quarts of oil and one of the cockpit crewmembers came off shaking and needing an immediate cigarette. "The SCAB herder" decided to fill the tank and call it good. Very next leg, the outbound crew put power to the engine before takeoff, brought the aircraft back to gate and cancelled the flight. Nice maintenance practices on an ETOP aircraft !

www.amfa33.org for current info

you get what u pay for.... nwa mechs (scabs) at their best

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2006/Jun-27-Tue-2006/news/8186553.html

The two passengers were among 176 on Northwest Airlines flight 1192 that was 34 minutes out of Las Vegas when it was forced to return because the plane had failed to properly pressurize, company spokesman Dean Breest said
Breest said the flight, normally scheduled to depart at 2:40 p.m., initially had been delayed almost three hours as crews tried to fix the pressurization problem. After the flight took off from McCarran International Airport, pilots realized the repair effort had failed, Breest said.

Moral of the story, don't fly NWA. Doesn't matter if SCAB's or Unionized wrenches, same old problems!

Message received, NW ALPA, loud and clear

As a pilot, the only time a scab means anything to us is if they take OUR jobs. Who cares about anyone else in the industry, pilot or otherwise!?! Lesson taught by the NWA pilots.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back