NWA Pilots Authorize Strike.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
RedDogC130 said:
Nobody will strike. It would be the end. Do you really think all those guys/gals want to lose it all. They will work for peanuts rather than work for nothing. Lets face reality. The end is here for our high income dreams. Let hope we can all afford it. Time to go from the Porcshe to the Pontiac. I cant even spell Porcshe so I can't afford it.

Red Dog;

Yes we will strike.
I know I will, if we call a strike that will probably be the end of NWA and my
job here. We are already working for peanuts, the company just keeps asking for more. We all know it will be the end of NWA and yet over
90% said "yes we will strike".
I don't drive a porcshe, have a big house or "high income dreams" (sounds like you have been reading the company news wire). If you are a professional pilot or get your paycheck from a airline you should hope that the NWA pilots hold the line.

I know I will.

Dave B

YourPilotFriend said:
If the original clowns hadn't of bent over maybe we wouldn't be in this position. This is a business where every competitive edge must be exploited to it's fullest potential. Predictions on the first group to give up the 100 seater?

I predict that you did not pay attention in English class.

United set the precedent. These events will likely follow the same road. If the judge has too he will extend the negotiations for three years. If NWA goes chapter 7, it could have disatrous effects on the economies of Minnesota, Detroit, and Memphis. That is what is paramount on the judges mind.

flyinglow said:
... If NWA goes chapter 7, it could have disatrous effects on the economies of ... Detroit ...

Detroit has no economy, so no worry there! ;)

rtmcfi said:
How exactly does one predict something in the past?

It's easy to make exact predictions about the past; the future -- not so much.

dbrownie said:
Red Dog;

If you are a professional pilot or get your paycheck from a airline you should hope that the NWA pilots hold the line.

I know I will.

Dave B

Very true. . . .

What's the latest on negotiations? Any movement towards a TA?

The Northwest folks will know what the best thing to do is as the situation unfolds, and they will do it regardless of what all of us outsiders say or think. I wish them well, no matter how they handle it.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back