NWA pilot arrested for packin' heat...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Donaldson has been charged with criminal possession of a loaded gun..."

"...Donaldson said he had done some target shooting while in Michigan and had then placed the gun in his travel bag, forgetting about it."

This guy "forgets" where he puts his loaded gun?! I have nothing against responsible gun owners, but nothing about this comes close to resembling responsible. Scary there are gun owners like this out there. If you own a gun BE RESPONSIBLE!!!

He should have used the same "excuse" the lady did in PHL a few months back....
When she was questioned why she had an HK 40 Compact in her carry-on, she said something about that it was her husbands...didn't know it was there, blah, blah, blah... in any event, she walked.

Jay Leno had a good one the other night. He said "a Northwest pilot was caught trying to bring his gun on a flight from New York to Detroit.....he was arrested and then they cancelled the flight." "OF COURSE they cancelled the flight......You can't go to Detroit without your gun!" I cracked up.

WTF!

Yo, what can you say....the pooch was screwed more than 6 ways, way. The world is less one friggin idiot on the line. I don't know what is worse the fact he got through security, or the fact the idiot cannot remember where he left his friggin pistol, who gives a crap whether its a 39 special or an awesome H&K 9MM with a drum, the idiot has hosed all of us, spank em and let God sort it all, is what I say. With guys on the street its brain cramps like that which makes Auntie Em reluctant to fly...a friggin moron is what he is.

FlyChicago... you say something again? I keep getting distracted by your avitar.

GVFlyer said:
The guy screwed the pooch. Too bad. The whole thing probably happened just like he said it did. He forgot he had the Brazilian copy of an Italian weapon in his bag. Even if he remembered he had it in LGA what should he do next? Can't ditch the gun - it's registered. Go to the friendly policeman and say, "Excuse me officer, but I just remembered that I have this loaded 9mm pistol in my carry-on bag?" I'm sure the nice cop would be very understanding. See if you can get it into the needle and drug amnesty box in the men's john? Drop it into someone's bag who looks like his name is Mohammed and call your wife and have her report it stolen? Hey! Wait a minute - maybe we're getting somewhere!

Of he could have just declared the gun and checked his bag. Or he could have unloaded it and FedEx'd it.
It's because he tried to bring it through security at LGA that makes him a moron. Hello!!

While this pilot was arrested, I saw a clip on the news last night that said a TSA worker came through security with a gun, they just took the gun away and let him go. I haven't found a link to back it up, but that's a pretty messed up deal if they are using a double standard and letting a TSA moron go uncharged.

If the guy's attorney says its all a mistake, could it be? Are there any federal licenses that would allow this guy to carry while flying? If it was all a mistake, there's no way the press would ever report that it was.

ifly4food said:
quote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by GVFlyer
The guy screwed the pooch. Too bad. The whole thing probably happened just like he said it did. He forgot he had the Brazilian copy of an Italian weapon in his bag. Even if he remembered he had it in LGA what should he do next? Can't ditch the gun - it's registered. Go to the friendly policeman and say, "Excuse me officer, but I just remembered that I have this loaded 9mm pistol in my carry-on bag?" I'm sure the nice cop would be very understanding. See if you can get it into the needle and drug amnesty box in the men's john? Drop it into someone's bag who looks like his name is Mohammed and call your wife and have her report it stolen? Hey! Wait a minute - maybe we're getting somewhere!
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of he could have just declared the gun and checked his bag. Or he could have unloaded it and FedEx'd it.
It's because he tried to bring it through security at LGA that makes him a moron. Hello!!

Yeah, that'd work in New York where it's illegal to even own a handgun.

My post was a joke - yours, unfortunately, sounds as if you're serious.

GV

Last edited:
I belive you are correct. If I recall however, New York state will not issue conceal-carry permits in several of the counties in and around NYC, but you can own, if I recall.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back