NWA pilot arrested for packin' heat...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flic1

Just saw on Headline News that an NWA pilot was arrested at LGA for carrying a 9mm gun in his bag.....

Let's see. NWA at LGA, most likely meaning that he was in the middle of a trip. Again likely eliminating the possibility that he forgot to remove it before he went to work. I give up. What was he thinking?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hopefully, it's a set up. If not, this is as stupid as paying your bar tab with plastic money four hours before departure.

??????????????
8N

AHHHH

some more good publicity for the industry to go along with all the drunk pilots.

NICE MOVE!!!!

I know, I know.....we dont know the facts yet. It does not matter, Its on CNN!!

Northwest Airlines pilot arrested with gun in carry-on luggage

January 21, 2003, 2:03 PM EST

NEW YORK (AP) _ A Northwest Airlines pilot was arrested Tuesday morning at LaGuardia Airport after he tried to board a Detroit-bound plane with a fully loaded handgun in his carry-on luggage, authorities said.

Robert Donaldson, 43, was charged with three counts of criminal possession of a weapon, and could face up to 15 years in prison, said the Queens district attorney's office.

According to authorities, Donaldson was walking through a terminal for luggage screening by Northwest and Delta Airlines at the Queens airport. Officials discovered the Taurus 9mm semi-automatic handgun in his carry-on luggage.

Donaldson was scheduled as co-pilot on Flight 1191 from New York to Detroit, departing at 6 a.m. He had a permit to carry the gun in Michigan.

"We are cooperating with local and federal authorities," said Mary Beth Schubert, spokeswoman for Northwest. No disciplinary action was taken against Donaldson, who was in custody pending arraignment.

Copyright © 2003, The Associated Press

Smuggle the gun..

A Taurus! And a 9mm at that. Geez, that's what I thought. It's about as good as the car.

NO self respecting airline pilot should be smuggling a handgun in his bag unlesss its a .40 S & W, or a .45, and built by Sig! Geez, a Taurus, what WAS he thinking.

At least it wasn't a Calico or an Intratec, word?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back