• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA or CAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Basing a job decision on rumors of an airline merger is ludicrous!

If you are willing to move to a NWA domicile then the choice is clear to me you should go with the Red Tail.

To address a couple of your NWA cons, Poor labor mgmt relations. Historically its always been that way can only get better. DC-9 being an old plane, yes it is, but they are paid for! It is a blast to fly and probably the last real "fly by wire" aircraft you'll every fly. DC means Direct-Cable ya know!

On the retirement outlook. Even/when age 65 passes most NWA guys will be out at 60 anyways since they still have their pensions. Most would have little or nothing to gain for 5 more years of flying. That paired with the fact that there has been no movement in last 6 years, CA upgrades will come fairly quick to a new hire.

FWIW, last week an internal staffing memo came out saying HR anticipates to continue hiring "at or above current levels for all of 2008" thats 40/mo!

C'mon over and ride the hiring wave!

I would pick Northwest just on the basis of being in the start of the hiring boom. I really like CAL but I'd rather have the NW bases. In fact, I'm thinking of moving to MSP and commuting to EWR. Let us know when you retire which airline was the right choice! :)

While minor, it is actually options for 50 787's (not 40). Also, while you mention the old DC9, we have the youngest widebody fleet of anyone.

It is a tough decision and I wish you the best of luck. Just remember, your attitude and moral is most dependant on YOU. If you want <insert compay> to be a great place to work, it is your attitude that will make it that way and if you want <insert company> to be the worst, most miserable place, it is again up to your own decision making. I was nervous about the moral at NWA when I came back from furlough, but am happy to report that most everyone that I have flown with has been great and happy to at least be looking up for things to get better instead of worrying about how far we will fall on the way down.

Good luck and welcome aboard if you choose NWA!

You won't know the right answer until you retire.

You won't know the right answer until you retire.

SHACK!

Either company looks like a great choice. Once you choose, don't bother looking back or regretting your decision.
If it were me, I'd go with Red Tails. Why? Better seniority progression.

It's as simple as your ABCs. Let me demonstrate for ya:

ABC - Anywhere But CAL.

Yes, I'll be here all week. hehehe LOL

The Poster Child of Rejection

It's as simple as your ABCs. Let me demonstrate for ya: ABC - Anywhere But CAL.

The ABC demonstration for you with CAL should be Another Blown Career

The choice was already made for you with CAL with your rejection LOL. Aren't you running of airlines to get turned down from?

Yes, I'll be here all week. hehehe LOL

Using up your entire days off for the next month at once?

Last edited:
The choice was already made for you with CAL with your rejection LOL. Aren't you running of airlines to get turned down from?

Sorry, but I turned them down okay? How many times do I have to go over this with you flytrampqt.

Besides, I am holding out for FedEx or maybe another cargo company. Maybe even an ACMI company.

Flying people is so last year. LOL

Sorry, but I turned them down okay? How many times do I have to go over this with you flytrampqt.

Pocoanyhole, I am sure if you keep rationalizing this position enough, you might actually begin to believe it. It must be especially bitter since you are the only female CAL has ever turned down. Now that is funny.

Besides, I am holding out for FedEx or maybe another cargo company. Maybe even an ACMI company.

Blew the United interview also? LMAO

Flying people is so last year. LOL

Get used to it Pocoanyhole, because like last year it will be year after year after year in that 145.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back