NWA MEC conflict?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nu,

That's not right. Anyone who looked at the numbers would (and will) come to the same general conclusions. FDJ2 has never even suggested, or bothered to care, what most of us write about.

As for talking points, I figured them out long before the arbitration and my forecast of relative seniority, by equipment, predated any of the official prognostications - heck it even goes back to 1999 CMR/ASA/DAL.

I will now make another prognostication. The new Delta will sell, or reconfigure the ownership, of Compass and Mesaba to try to make an end run around some of the employment protection provisions sold to us as a reason to vote for the JPWA. If we fail to get Compass / Mesaba / fill in the blanks, on the list, they are going to get outside the ability of our MEC to enforce portions of section 1. As I have written before, flow-throughs do not work. This will be more proof that we can not rely on future promises of employment.

IMHO this scope crisis (yes, the DC9 flying going out is a crisis IMHO, after all the 737-700 could also get picked off by an RJ) that is what we should care more about than whether some former MEC Official gets a $200,000 a year VP position at National.

And while I'm rambling ....

Instead of waging a seniority war over who gets displaced by the DC9 flying - WHY DON'T WE FIX IT ? ....
by making sure those replacement jets are flown by Delta pilots? I'd be a lot less worried about the last 500 numbers on the list if we were keeping our flying.

Last edited:
Flustered? No, irritated at one individual from your side that is on these boards spewing garbage. I can see he is flying so I am quite happy today.

I am not on anyone's talking points, I am looking at the facts. How DAL presented the list is how I figured it would go long before I was on the seniority list here. It makes the most sense, given the dynamics of the list.

God, has my grammar really gotten bad? I know I used the word Twit once. Sorry for the spelling, I have a little one home. I guess I have not been proof reading as well as I should.

Flustered? No, irritated at one individual from your side that is on these boards spewing garbage. I can see he is flying so I am quite happy today.

I am not on anyone's talking points, I am looking at the facts. How DAL presented the list is how I figured it would go long before I was on the seniority list here. It makes the most sense, given the dynamics of the list.

God, has my grammar really gotten bad? I know I used the word Twit once. Sorry for the spelling, I have a little one home. I guess I have not been proof reading as well as I should.

No-
Not flying. I'm just watching you struggle with reality. You really think the list is going to look how DALPA proposed? This really shows you're no where as connected as you portray. I know your minions love to listen to you as you keep tooting each others horns. Truth will come in just over a month.

Schwanker

No-
Not flying. I'm just watching you struggle with reality. You really think the list is going to look how DALPA proposed? This really shows you're no where as connected as you portray. I know your minions love to listen to you as you keep tooting each others horns. Truth will come in just over a month.

Schwanker

It will be a lot closer to ours than yours. Ours started with the middle ground (relative seniority) and added what your airline brings to the table, airplanes going away. Sure, you guys say you bring more cash etc, but that is all paper that will be absorbed by the airline itself, and I guess you did save them money by agreeing to all of those extra pay cuts. Is that what you guys did to add to all of that "extra" money NWA has? Come on now. We are an expanding airline with more widebodies and have higher pay per pilot. You guys have a cargo airline that will be very likely be dismantled, have some DC9s that are going to the boneyard, and have retirements that may dry up due to this financial crisis. Your incoming airplane hasn't taken off yet, and may get cancelled for 777s anyway.

To top it off, the last binding arbitration case dealt with almost the same requests, (DOH especially), and it was awarded relative seniority, with exception of the top 500 that had something AWA did not---INTL flying. What separates our two airlines? Expansion vs contraction.

Bye Bye--General Lee

It will be a lot closer to ours than yours. Ours started with the middle ground (relative seniority) and added what your airline brings to the table, airplanes going away. Sure, you guys say you bring more cash etc, but that is all paper that will be absorbed by the airline itself, and I guess you did save them money by agreeing to all of those extra pay cuts. Is that what you guys did to add to all of that "extra" money NWA has? Come on now. We are an expanding airline with more widebodies and have higher pay per pilot. You guys have a cargo airline that will be very likely be dismantled, have some DC9s that are going to the boneyard, and have retirements that may dry up due to this financial crisis. Your incoming airplane hasn't taken off yet, and may get cancelled for 777s anyway.

To top it off, the last binding arbitration case dealt with almost the same requests, (DOH especially), and it was awarded relative seniority, with exception of the top 500 that had something AWA did not---INTL flying. What separates our two airlines? Expansion vs contraction.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I'm sure by "international flying" you were referring to Europe? AWA has had South America, Canada and Hawaii for a long time. Good post, otherwise.

I'm sure by "international flying" you were referring to Europe? AWA has had South America, Canada and Hawaii for a long time. Good post, otherwise.

Well, I mean a large INTL presence with INTL widebodies. I know AWA had 747-200s awhile back, but since then they only went to San Jose, Costa Rica in Central America, Mexico, and some Canada. I understand what you meant, though.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Bye Bye--General Lee

General,

NWA has been groomed for the past several years, (since 2000, Skyteam aliance) for the eventual merger with "yall. The process has been slow and deliberate to enable DOJ aproval at the end game.

Yes it is true that NWA brings with it billion$ of buck$, and an extremely profitable entity.

The resultant combination, carefully planned, is expected to be a powerhou$e as well.

Now, they would like to negotiate after they know the likely outcome of an arbitration, which does smell of special interest manipulation.

Anyone who thinks they know the likely outcome of the arbitration, or thinks they will telegraph their intent in order to facilitate a negotiated settlement and is basing thier actions on that is playing Russian Roulette with their pilot groups futures. :(

Latest resources

Back