Nwa Hr Called Today

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
US Airways Hired the former poolies

Before the AAA/AWA merger, AWA had hired about 40 pilots and put them in the pool. They never made it to class due the the merger.

The company offered everyone a class date without going through the interview again.

Whoever accepted starts on August 27.

I thought that was pretty fair of the company.

New IP's are being trained. Has been a 2-4 week backlog in I.O.E. training. 2nd T.A. brings back instructor overide and more IP's are being recruited. Incentive pay for the next 30 days should get us thru August as training is ramping up. Been a busy/crazy summer. Had two days last week doing I.O.E. where 1-2 hour ground stops to VFR airports killed duty days and added to training delays. New hire training classes should be in Oct. The improvements of the first two T.A.'s is a quick start to better productivity. need more airports like LGA to require(2008?) 100+ seaters or bigger and sooner. the ATC system is saturated and fatigued.

Last edited:
New IP's are being trained. Has been a 2-4 week backlog in I.O.E. training. 2nd T.A. brings back instructor overide and more IP's are being recruited. Incentive pay for the next 30 days should get us thru August as training is ramping up. Been a busy/crazy summer. Had two days last week doing I.O.E. where 1-2 hour ground stops to VFR airports killed duty days and added to training delays. New hire training classes should be in Oct. The improvements of the first two T.A.'s is a quick start to better productivity. need more airports like LGA to require(2008?) 100+ seaters or bigger and sooner. the ATC system is saturated and fatigued.

Concur. I'm giving OE right now (MDW from the right seat...YIKES!:eek: ), and have been told I won't fly "solo" for many months.

The Premium pay for anything over 80, and the bidding changes (especially elimination of the Zero Open Time!) are palpable improvements.

Not interested in coming to NWA?

Good! We'll try to survive and prosper without you...

Before the AAA/AWA merger, AWA had hired about 40 pilots and put them in the pool. They never made it to class due the the merger.

The company offered everyone a class date without going through the interview again.

Whoever accepted starts on August 27.

I thought that was pretty fair of the company.

CAL did the same thing. After 4 years and some change they called everyone for a class date. No interview just come to class. They did do a new background check.

I basically called the NWA HR lady to the table and said look I got hired by CAL and NWA back to back. 9/11 happens CAL calls said we've hired you, you have a job no matter how long it takes. NWA immediately sends out a letter telling us we've been flushed but we will get a pref interview. I called HR and talked to Becky, who said the letter was a mistake you guys are still in the pool just keep updating us every few months.
The new HR gal was dumb founded that CAL didn't re-interview us. I told her "CAL stuck to their word but I guess things are different over at NWA". She said the whole HR department was new at NWA and they couldn't go off of something someone said who isn't here anymore. I guess we should of got it in writing. I got to give NWA a little credit (very little) they did call for the pref interview, but no guarantee a 07 street hire wouldn't be in front of me. Anyway I'm not mad, I would give up a lot to go there at this point, but it would be nice living in base.

Whoever decides to go to NWA or UAL or whatever airline you want to then go. It is what it is and there was not one contract that was crushed without the Bankruptcy thing having a major role in it. Total BS we all know. I don't know of 1 major that is less than a regional still. It does also depend on age and how many years you have left. Run the numbers and if your ahead then do it and good luck to all in whatever decision you make.

I was hired at UAL in 2000 and placed into the pool. Got flushed down the shiiter. Was told yesterday that I am not qualified to apply at UAL now. Screw UAL.

I was hired at UAL in 2000 and placed into the pool. Got flushed down the shiiter. Was told yesterday that I am not qualified to apply at UAL now. Screw UAL.

who told you that you were not qualified to apply now and why? Would love to hear more about this story.

Everyone hired in 2000 went to class. The only poolies that never went to class was the latter half of 2001.

Latest resources

Back