• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA hiring window

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Could this also be construed as the Compass hiring website or will this be for no-kidding mainline seats?

Could this also be construed as the Compass hiring website or will this be for no-kidding mainline seats?

Mainline. Estimating need for 300 pilots over next 12 months. No word on minimums, XJ pilots not eligible to flow until 1/2008 earliest, Compass for 3 yrs.

I would think minimums are important. There are pilots being hired at Delta, Continental, and soon to be United that barely meet the minimums. Who ya know probably more important than 2 to 3 thousand turbine PIC.

Northwest will not be able to be picky. With a contract that is like a regional contract or worse, with pay not reaching the senior rj pay until year 10 or so, combined with the toxic atmosphere and garden spot bases my guess is the qualifications and quality of people that get hired will look drastically different than past hiring cycles. JMHO

Northwest will not be able to be picky. With a contract that is like a regional contract or worse, with pay not reaching the senior rj pay until year 10 or so, combined with the toxic atmosphere and garden spot bases my guess is the qualifications and quality of people that get hired will look drastically different than past hiring cycles. JMHO

Wishful thinking. 10 yrs ago probationary pay was $24K/yr, and then onto B-Scale. Average new hires were in the 5-6K hr range. Despite current problems NWA still has better long term prospects than any regional or LCC.

Latest resources

Back