• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA flow back into compass.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If your thinking about Compass, now is the time to get in. They are just over senority number 200 now and with 36 airplanes in total being on property (assuming 5 Captains per airplane) all of the Captains are currently on property but you will be a very senior FO by the end of the year. Doesn't seem like a flowback would be very likely but anything is possible.

Why would they stay? I spoke to a 757 Captain who said he makes $8000/month right now

Assuming this guy just makes guarantee (68 hours) at NWA he currently makes right around $9800/month. Me thinks he was pulling your leg. I do agree though that there is little reason to stay when you can make just as much in retirement as you can working.

He is talking take home. Short bus capt. take home after 401k, taxes, insurance, union dues etc runs about 6200-6500 including per diem. So, being that the 57 pays about 5-6 dollars more per hour that 8000 is about right.

Assuming this guy just makes guarantee (68 hours) at NWA he currently makes right around $9800/month. Me thinks he was pulling your leg. I do agree though that there is little reason to stay when you can make just as much in retirement as you can working.

Or Expressjet pilots....good thing COPA is willing to take the CAL furloughs now.

With gas prices going out of control I would doubt that the gas guzzling DC-9's will be around by Summers end.

If that happens, then you can start worrying about a flowback.

Spoken like a man without a clue. True they guzzle gas but, they are making money even at $100+ oil. NWA is slowly getting rid of 9's but will still have 68 by years end. No rumblings of increasing pace on 9's going to the desert.

What's the lease payment on a plane the size of a DC-9? Somewhere north of $100K/mo. Those DC-9's are paid for, yeah they burn more fuel but is it $100K/mo. more than a similar sized aircraft? probably not

Spoken like a man without a clue. True they guzzle gas but, they are making money even at $100+ oil. NWA is slowly getting rid of 9's but will still have 68 by years end. No rumblings of increasing pace on 9's going to the desert.

You must work for NW or Comapss. I am sorry

Okay, we'll just wait and see.

They are getting rid of the 9's but I see with fuel prices increasing that they would speed that process up.

And with the Delta deal not going thru, hmmm

Just a thought..... sorry i am clueless!!!

I bow to you oh might one!!!

Last edited:
You must work for NW or Comapss. I am sorry

Okay, we'll just wait and see.

They are getting rid of the 9's but I see with fuel prices increasing that they would speed that process up.

And with the Delta deal not going thru, hmmm

Just a thought..... sorry i am clueless!!!

I bow to you oh might one!!!

What gives you the idea I work for NWA, Sherlock? Um, maybe my profile???

You "see" we would speed the process up, huh... source for that bit of wisdom? Clue:you ain't a source.

Delta deal not going through? Another epiphany from the all knowing WSurf? You better clean off your crystal ball, it's a bit cloudy. Here's a clue...no announcement on a deal or no deal yet. It may or may not happen, but one thing is sure-YOU DON'T KNOW(unless you are on either negoc. committee, which is unlikely).

You're sorry that I work for NWA, huh. Let me enlighten you, it's a good group of pilots here. I'm in a great position, and I'm HAPPY...merger or not. Not saying things can't improve, but not a bad place to hang my hat.

How's life in the Dash 8? Who do you work for again, is it Mesa or some other quality outfit that flies the dash? Oh, just saw the small print on your avtar. Sorry-Piedmont-another quality regional. Maybe if you're lucky you can work your way up to Airways and fly the E-190.

You're clueless because you're spouting off about things you have no info on, I guess that's just the norm on FI.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back