• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA flow back into compass.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Everyone has their problems, but I assure you the venom between the East and West at Airways is a Major problem.

Let me see, about 99.999999 Percent of all Airline mergers do infact cause problems between the pilot groups. Merging two airlines will always cause some sort of rift between the two pilot groups. Thats the way it is and will always be.

Everyone has their problems, but I assure you the venom between the East and West at Airways is a Major problem.

Its almost like Northwest/Republic all over again. 20+ years later there are still pilots bitter over that deal.

If anyone knows the ratio of NWA mainline A/C to 76 seat A/C that are allowed. could they post it?

NWA can have a total of 90 51-76 seat RJs to start with. 72 are accounted for at this point. 36 to Compass and 36 to Mesaba. Once a baseline of narrow body aircraft at mainline is set (I don't know when that is, maybe a year out of bankruptcy?) NWA can increase the number of 51-76 seat RJ's on a ratio basis (again I don't know what the ratio is) by adding more narrow bodies to the mainline fleet.

... Once a baseline of narrow body aircraft at mainline is set (I don't know when that is, maybe a year out of bankruptcy?) ...

Correct to how I understand it too, and that date would be May 31st, 2008 (one year from "A new day" for all the insiders ;)) and that is why nwa is trying to park as many as possible before that date, so they can start adding back to the narrowbody fleet. Hmmmm, imagine that - a rumor about narrowbody expansion.

Granted, NWA's goal is to merge, but their 2nd goal is to expand in the international market while keeping domestic flat (note: flat doesn't mean reductions).

Northwest to shrink and get rid of more DC9's than planned?
Dave Davis, Northwest's chief financial officer, said at a New York investor conference Tuesday that the run-up in fuel prices could push Northwest's 2008 fuel bill to $5.2 billion, about $800 million more than it had projected.

"We have a thorough review underway of our capacity right now, with a particularly hard look at domestic" flying, Davis said. In January, Northwest indicated that it would shrink domestic capacity by 5.5 to 6.5 percent this year. But Northwest CEO Doug Steenland said Sunday that, after the big jump in oil prices, "We have to rethink the size of the airline we operate."

Last edited:
Northwest to shrink and get rid of more DC9's than planned?
Dave Davis, Northwest's chief financial officer, said at a New York investor conference Tuesday that the run-up in fuel prices could push Northwest's 2008 fuel bill to $5.2 billion, about $800 million more than it had projected.

"We have a thorough review underway of our capacity right now, with a particularly hard look at domestic" flying, Davis said. In January, Northwest indicated that it would shrink domestic capacity by 5.5 to 6.5 percent this year. But Northwest CEO Doug Steenland said Sunday that, after the big jump in oil prices, "We have to rethink the size of the airline we operate."

I could not find this article with the headline you posted, so can I assume you created the headline?

Here is the article that I believe you copy/pasted the above excerpts from, which is headlined Northwest pilots try to keep Delta merger deal alive:

http://www.startribune.com/business/16802001.html

Also, in other findings....
http://www.boston.com/business/articles/2008/03/18/delta_looks_to_cut_2000_jobs/

Northwest Chief Financial Officer Dave Davis told the conference that bookings in March are strong. It is harder to forecast bookings for April and May, which tend to be "iffy," he said.
"We expect to have a strong summer as well," Davis said. "Despite some storm clouds on the horizon, bookings for the company have held up quite well."
Northwest is evaluating capacity changes, but has given no firm targets. Northwest shares rose about 7 percent to $9.59 in afternoon trading.

I could not find this article with the headline you posted, so can I assume you created the headline?

Here is the article that I believe you copy/pasted the above excerpts from, which is headlined Northwest pilots try to keep Delta merger deal alive:

http://www.startribune.com/business/16802001.html

Also, in other findings....
http://www.boston.com/business/articles/2008/03/18/delta_looks_to_cut_2000_jobs/

Northwest Chief Financial Officer Dave Davis told the conference that bookings in March are strong. It is harder to forecast bookings for April and May, which tend to be "iffy," he said.
"We expect to have a strong summer as well," Davis said. "Despite some storm clouds on the horizon, bookings for the company have held up quite well."
Northwest is evaluating capacity changes, but has given no firm targets. Northwest shares rose about 7 percent to $9.59 in afternoon trading.

Exactly, but you can't tell someone as thick headed as WSurf anything.

Hey WSurf, re-read my post to BlueRidger, especially the last line. BTW, still see you're taking credit for others research. Once again you found your article from a majors post. Only a fool such as yourself would get "facts" from FI!

Exactly, but you can't tell someone as thick headed as WSurf anything.

Hey WSurf, re-read my post to BlueRidger, especially the last line. BTW, still see you're taking credit for others research. Once again you found your article from a majors post. Only a fool such as yourself would get "facts" from FI!

MJ42,

Remember the orginal question of this thread. Someone wanted to know about the possibility of a flowback NWA to Compass.

I stated that it could happen if fuel continued to rise and if they started Parking DC9's at a faster rate.

You then jumped me and stated I didn't have a clue about what I was talking about. Now, the funny part is that a week later others seem to think the same thing I did.

So how I was I so far fetch on that thougt? I know your on the DC9 at NWA, so if you put yourself on the outside why was my statement so far fetched?
See the funny part is that more people think it could happen to. So maybe my thought wasn't so far fetched after all.

LOL

Last edited:
MJ42,

Remember the orginal question of this thread. Someone wanted to know about the possibility of a flowback NWA to Compass.True, and you chimed in like you were knowledgeable on what happens at NWA and Compass.

I stated that it could happen if fuel continued to rise and if they started Parking DC9's at a faster rate. Nice observation, state the obvious then take credit for having such foresight.

You then jumped me and stated I didn't have a clue about what I was talking about. Now, the funny part is that a week later others seem to think the same thing I did. Again, such foresight on your part. I didn't think I jumped on you, I just pointed out the FACT that you have NO knowledge or information on the subject. And, you have no stake in what happens, why do you care? From reading your other posts, especially to the General, you are happy in the Dash.

So how I was I so far fetch on that thougt? I know your on the DC9 at NWA, so if you put yourself on the outside why was my statement so far fetched?
See the funny part is that more people think it could happen to. So maybe my thought wasn't so far fetched after all.You said it, "on the outside". Just proved my point again, you have no stake in what happens nor do you have an interest in coming to NWA/Compass. It's too bad, I bet you'd do well here. Seems you have good experience and would be able to transition to the 9 very easy.

LOL

But like you said in another thread, it's more important to be home. I don't blame you because I commute and don't plan on moving to a NWA base any time soon.

Last edited:
But like you said in another thread, it's more important to be home. I don't blame you because I commute and don't plan on moving to a NWA base any time soon.

What the hell does a commute have to with the issue of a flowback to Compass. Are really that freaking dumb.

The person asked a Question about Flowback from NWA to Compass. Yea, I don't know the on goings at NWA but I can tell that if fuel continues to rise sh$t will hit the fan at all airlines.

So with that I formulated an opinion (only that) that it could happen.

Take it for what its worth, if you don't like it...... well hmmmm Have a coke and a STFU.

Jeez, you are one annoying turd!

Latest resources

Back