NWA flow back into compass.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Boy, talk about a sad response.

Yea, let me drop my 70k a year job in my 37 seat Dash with 3 vaction slots to run over to a major when the sh$ts gonna hit the fan at all airlines, even at US Airways. Naw, I think I will stay put for just a while until the dust settles.

However, Maybe next time when someone makes a educated guess about Compass and a flowback you'll keep your pie hole closed before you call them stupid and uninformed.

All my comments in this thread said no one knows what will happen. Go back a few pages, I also said NWA may or may not accelerate the pace that -9's are parked but you certainly don't know.

You need something to boost your ego, this article gave you the ammo. You are such a small man, pitiful!

You are one sad, sad individual. What a joy you must be to fly with.

Seems you may work for airlink, right? You can talk to any 9 Captian I've flown with and they will 100% disagree with you.

I know, every other regional pilots were getting interviews at NWA except airlink carriers...maybe you're a bitter Pinnacle pilot?

Just read some of your past posts as well, seems you're a Rez wannabe without the knowledge. Now it makes sense.

Last edited:
With gas prices going out of control I would doubt that the gas guzzling DC-9's will be around by Summers end.

If that happens, then you can start worrying about a flowback.

Based on the item in this week's paper, I still see a disconnect:

1. Reductions are not limited to the DC-9.
2. Reductions do not beginning until Summer is over.

My personal speculation is that no furloughs will happen, and attrition will be the solving agent.

Based on the item in this week's paper, I still see a disconnect:

1. Reductions are not limited to the DC-9.
2. Reductions do not beginning until Summer is over.

My personal speculation is that no furloughs will happen, and attrition will be the solving agent.

True, and I do believe NWA was short pilots already to start with.

This year is gonna be a wild ride for everyone. ATA, SkyBus, ChampionAir.... Airlines parking planes. Hiring stops, new hire classes cx'ed.

Even our first batch pilots that went to US Airways from Piedmont might be in trouble. Now I hear US Airways is going to park some 737's. So who knows how many more new hire classes US Airways will run this year. Piedmont was suppose to send 100 pilots to mainline this year. I personally don't see that happening now.

Time to hunker down and hope we all can weather this fuel storm.

Glass does one thing, it narrows your scan to a more smaller defined area. Never said glass didn't make life easier.

By looking at a Flight Director you have the luxury of not looking at your Alt, A/S, VSI, Heading. Basically reducing your scan.

If you wanna sharpin your insturment skills either in Glass or Steam. Just turn off the flight director and hand fly.

Like I said, its all the same. Modern Glass just narrows the scan area and makes life easier.

All the same, you pull back houses get smaller. You push forward and they get bigger.

If you keep pulling back, they get smaller and then all the sudden get bigger really fast.

Okay, your all pilots now. So Go have fun with the profession you have chosen.

The biggest fail rate of any airplane I've personally ever seen is when MD11 FO's were upgrading to DC10 captain jobs... It's FAR more than just the "basic T" scan.. it's the SA (Situational Awareness) that having an ND does for you.

I've flown everything from MD11's with full glass, dual FMS, CAT IIIb, VNAV, etc.. to Citaiton 500's with all steam... trust me, both are a lot of workload at times, but the difference between the two is night and day in terms of how you fly them when the autopilot is on.

Lastly, I always feel like the guys coming up in aviation today with the new glass cockpit C-172's at some of these academies then going straight to an RJ or E jet are missing a lot of valuable instrument training that you get from flying the old RMI or CDI and a chart... We can only pray that some of those 300 hour wonders don't find themselves in their first upgrade on a DC9! :eek:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back