• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA flow back into compass.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What the hell does a commute have to with the issue of a flowback to Compass. Are really that freaking dumb.Actually, you're pretty dumb. I was trying to pay you a compliment saying you'd probably fair well, because of your Dash experience, if you had the opportunity at NWA. Of course, this went right over your head. You mentioned in another thread you'd rather stay put in the dash instead of commute. You would just rather continue with your rant instead of accepting a compliment.

The person asked a Question about Flowback from NWA to Compass. Yea, I don't know the on goings at NWA but I can tell that if fuel continues to rise sh$t will hit the fan at all airlines. AGAIN, you're brilliant at stating the obvious. What a sharp independent thinker!...Idiot!

So with that I formulated an opinion (only that) that it could happen.What are you working on formulating next, your opinion on how to save the airline industry? Let us know what you come up with, Einstein. Better yet, go steal an article posted on the "majors" section then post it here so people can think you did some research and ASSume you're smart.

Take it for what its worth, if you don't like it...... well hmmmm Have a coke and a STFU.I think I've shown you're an idiot! Besides, I'd rather have a beer.

Jeez, you are one annoying turd!

More proof that you're classless!

Last edited:
Even more proof your a TOOL.

Just like I thought, you can't accept a compliment. You just want to argue. That's fine. I'm done proving you wrong. Go ahead with your next childish comment. You can have the last word, your fragile psyche needs the boost of one last jab.

Exactly, good post!...See Wsurf, everyone else seems to get it. It's not about your opinion, you made a blatantly inaccurate STATEMENT on a subject where you have no information except for what you read on FI.

"Please son, don't throw rocks at a man with a machine gun." WSurf...Let me give you some advice from someone who has handled many a firearm: RULE #1: When holding a gun make sure to point AWAY from self. Got it WSurf?

Debate over. Take care WSurf.

Finally the Debate is officially over!!!!

Northwest Airlines Corp. said Thursday that it would reduce its domestic flight schedule later this year and cut its fleet by 15 to 20 planes as a result of rising oil prices.
The moves, along with recent steps such adding fuel surcharges and reducing the number of bags that may be checked at no charge, are intended to help offset the rising price of oil.
"Over the past several months, the price of oil has risen dramatically to all-time highs, and there is no reasonable basis to conclude that oil prices will materially decline anytime soon," said CEO Douglas Steenland. "These increased costs are significant, and call for a strong response from us."
The Eagan-based airline (NYSE: NWA) will cut its domestic schedule by 5 percent from its projected 2008 plan, beginning after the busy summer season. For the entire year, Northwest's domestic available-seat miles (one seat flown one mile, whether it's occupied or not) are expected to be flat to down slightly versus 2007. Northwest isn't planning any cuts for its international routes, which have been expanding lately.
As the result of the slower schedule, Northwest will remove 15 to 20 planes from service. Ten of those planes will be older DC-9s, the rest will be a mix of Boeing 757s and Airbus A320s and A319s.
The airline also said that it will reduce non-aircraft capital expenditures for 2008 by approximately $100 million, and seek to improve profits by $100 million annually through cost reductions, productivity improvements and revenue enhancements.
The changes may result in staff cuts; Northwest said it would try to make any reductions through attrition. It's suspended plans to hire new pilots and flight attendants.
The airline apparently won't be looking for further labor savings from its current employees, as it did the last time oil prices spiked. "While we need to reduce costs in this difficult environment, we will not be going back to our employees for pay cuts," Steenland said.

Wow...I used to think this guy posted some decent info...After this, I am clearly wrong....obviously not one that offers credibilty in his response....Lets hope this is a "one off" poor reply to a subject he is clearly off base with no decent intelligence on.

Here you go bubba. You can still consider my stuff decent info.

No Decent intelligence.... I'll let that slide this time!!

Northwest to cut flights 5% because of fuel costs

http://www.startribune.com/business/17268709.html

Finally the Debate is officially over!!!!Um, not really...

Northwest Airlines Corp. said Thursday that it would reduce its domestic flight schedule later this year and cut its fleet by 15 to 20 planes as a result of rising oil prices.
The moves, along with recent steps such adding fuel surcharges and reducing the number of bags that may be checked at no charge, are intended to help offset the rising price of oil.
"Over the past several months, the price of oil has risen dramatically to all-time highs, and there is no reasonable basis to conclude that oil prices will materially decline anytime soon," said CEO Douglas Steenland. "These increased costs are significant, and call for a strong response from us."
The Eagan-based airline (NYSE: NWA) will cut its domestic schedule by 5 percent from its projected 2008 plan, beginning after the busy summer season. For the entire year, Northwest's domestic available-seat miles (one seat flown one mile, whether it's occupied or not) are expected to be flat to down slightly versus 2007. Northwest isn't planning any cuts for its international routes, which have been expanding lately.
As the result of the slower schedule, Northwest will remove 15 to 20 planes from service. Ten of those planes will be older DC-9s, the rest will be a mix of Boeing 757s and Airbus A320s and A319s.
The airline also said that it will reduce non-aircraft capital expenditures for 2008 by approximately $100 million, and seek to improve profits by $100 million annually through cost reductions, productivity improvements and revenue enhancements.
The changes may result in staff cuts; Northwest said it would try to make any reductions through attrition. It's suspended plans to hire new pilots and flight attendants.
The airline apparently won't be looking for further labor savings from its current employees, as it did the last time oil prices spiked. "While we need to reduce costs in this difficult environment, we will not be going back to our employees for pay cuts," Steenland said.

You made a wild stab with no facts to support your opinion, all I said is none of us know what will happen. Lots of airlines started to park aircraft, boy you sure are a great predictor of the obvious.

Any supporting info you got later was stolen from other posters on FI, is this how you did your research in college? Wait, from your stupid posts, I bet you don't have a degree. If you did, why wouldn't your buddy 737 pylt hand deliver your resume to BB at Delta? Oh, that's right, you don't want to commute. You would rather continue to fly the dash for a mediocre company for crap wages(don't give me that crap about Piedmonts paid well). Sounds like the battle cry of a failure.:laugh:

NWA decided to park 2 DC-9s before summer, big deal, you're so smart:rolleyes: . Boy you sure hold yourself up on a pedestal, O great one! What an ego...as superpilot said on another thread...you stick to your dash, let us worry about NWA.

You made a wild stab with no facts to support your opinion, all I said is none of us know what will happen. Lots of airlines started to park aircraft, boy you sure are a great predictor of the obvious.

Any supporting info you got later was stolen from other posters on FI, is this how you did your research in college? Wait, from your stupid posts, I bet you don't have a degree. If you did, why wouldn't your buddy 737 pylt hand deliver your resume to BB at Delta? Oh, that's right, you don't want to commute. You would rather continue to fly the dash for a mediocre company for crap wages(don't give me that crap about Piedmonts paid well). Sounds like the battle cry of a failure.:laugh:

NWA decided to park 2 DC-9s before summer, big deal, you're so smart:rolleyes: . Boy you sure hold yourself up on a pedestal, O great one! What an ego...as superpilot said on another thread...you stick to your dash, let us worry about NWA.

Boy, talk about a sad response.

Yea, let me drop my 70k a year job in my 37 seat Dash with 3 vaction slots to run over to a major when the sh$ts gonna hit the fan at all airlines, even at US Airways. Naw, I think I will stay put for just a while until the dust settles.

However, Maybe next time when someone makes a educated guess about Compass and a flowback you'll keep your pie hole closed before you call them stupid and uninformed.

Last edited:

You are one sad, sad individual. What a joy you must be to fly with.

Latest resources

Back