NWA Fleet Reductions.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
YourPilotFriend said:
If you guys are NewCo or plan on flying greater than 55 seat a/c.

Maybe not us, but some airlink partner will get flying with aircraft greater than 55 seats. There's no way you guys will be able to hold on to the 55-76 seat flying. We certainly won't be "kicked to the curb" as you say, and nothing is a "done deal" at this point.

You know what? If they 1113 your a$$, you won't have squat to say about it. NuGuy's ranting is just that--bluster. You all better get your history books out.TC

PCL_128 said:
Maybe not us, but some airlink partner will get flying with aircraft greater than 55 seats. There's no way you guys will be able to hold on to the 55-76 seat flying. We certainly won't be "kicked to the curb" as you say, and nothing is a "done deal" at this point.

Well, there is already limited above 55 seat flying. I could envision a deal where a like number of 70 seaters are allowed to replace the current Avros. While there is some sentiment among the pilot group to re-capture that flying, its safe to say that any deal that allows for this would be "ratifiable", IMO, as long as the total number stayed the same.

The thing to remember here is that far greater percentage of NWA flying is done by 100 seaters than other carriers (110 -30s or so, plus another 10 -40s). Heck, other carriers, with the exception of AirTran, don't even have 100 seaters. It's far easier to replace a DC-9-30 with a E-170 than it is a 319.

As a result, a far larger percentage of the mainline pilot group is at risk by any "outsourcing" encroachment, even if the limit is raised to 70 seats. With hundereds already furloughed, you can see where it's a very touchy subject.

Nu

AA717driver said:
You know what? If they 1113 your a$$, you won't have squat to say about it. NuGuy's ranting is just that--bluster. You all better get your history books out.TC

NYC Judge in the DAL case says otherwise. This is a stike issue, and any strike will send the whole mess to Chapter 7 before the first restraining order motion gets heard.

Nu

PCL_128 said:

I think it would be funny if 9E got completely kicked to the curb. It may not be a done deal yet, but who knows what's going to happen. This industry is in a complete tailspin.

There are no guarantees at this point.

Dear Santa,
I'd be happy to send my Ipod back to the north Pole if you would just grant me this Christmas wish:

LAX ERJ-190 base and a furlough recall. Regional pay will even be ok (for now.)

Baja.

Latest resources

Back