• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA Fleet Reductions.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually, the article is misleading. The pilots rejected the current terms of the NewCo proposal. NewCo is a company created to shed debt of a fleet upgrade. NWA future finance plans are based on NewCo happening. They set it up so it's NewCo or bust. It's going to be NewCo but with NWA furloughed pilots, when this thing is said and done. Seniority is going to be real weird since the new hires will start at the top and move down the list.

YourPilotFriend said:
Actually, the article is misleading. The pilots rejected the current terms of the NewCo proposal. NewCo is a company created to shed debt of a fleet upgrade. NWA future finance plans are based on NewCo happening. They set it up so it's NewCo or bust. It's going to be NewCo but with NWA furloughed pilots, when this thing is said and done. Seniority is going to be real weird since the new hires will start at the top and move down the list.

No, it ain't. It's going to be one mainline list, or not at all. McClain made that very clear.

NWA can make all the plans they want 'till the cows come home. It's going to be the current seniority list or not at all.

All you Building A and 3rd Floor types better believe it. I'd also be printing up some resume's to avoid the holiday rush.

Nu

Last edited:
NuGuy said:
No, it ain't. It's going to be one mainline list, or not at all. McClain made that very clear.

NWA can make all the plans they want 'till the cows come home. It's going to be the current seniority list or not at all.

All you Building A and 3rd Floor types better believe it. I'd also be printing up some resume's to avoid the holiday rush.

Nu

What about the 76 seat airplanes at the regionals and the Avro with 85 seats. Is that going to be all one mainline list? I have posted on this board for the last couple of months promoting the idea of a unified list(brand scope). Many have pm'ed me telling me to go to hell, and many have praised me for my efforts.

YourPilotFriend said:
What about the 76 seat airplanes at the regionals and the Avro with 85 seats. Is that going to be all one mainline list? I have posted on this board for the last couple of months promoting the idea of a unified list(brand scope). Many have pm'ed me telling me to go to hell, and many have praised me for my efforts.

76 seats or 85 seats at Airlink...not going to happen. Seperate list...not going to happen. This is all management's wet dream. This time last year, there where DC-9-10s still on the property (78 seats), so while UAL, AMR and CAL deem it ok to send that flying away, NWA pilots do not...not with 140 hulls of 100 seat flying.

NWA Pilot's scope says 55 seats and up. If they want one seat more, it will cost them, dearly, and even then you can bet those jobs will be reserved.

The ONLY way ScrewCo is going to happen is if it's one list with rock solid fragmentation protection. Whether or not Airlinkers are invited to the party is anyones guess, and I certainly don't oppose it, and in fact, welcome it. It will be below current furloughed NWA pilots, though.

If management doesn't want to play, fine...the MEC put the line in the sand. They can cross it at the risk of an "unfortunate confrontation".

Remember, these negotiations are OUTSIDE of section 6 of the RLA. 30 day cooling off and PEBs don't apply. Save money...January is going to have a lot of rainy days...

Nu

FWIW-

I've heard talk about filling up the AVROs with (85?) seats, & keeping them at Mesaba. (But what do I know ?)

The NEWCO / Neil Cohen / MidAtlantic deal is DOA, if it involves a separate seniority list. ALPA has said it would result in a strike (& probably CH 7).

Mgmt says NEWCO is "the only way" to finance new aircraft. They are betting the house on it. They pi$$ed away $1 Billion in 1998 in a similiar tactic.

It's a poker game. Time will tell who will blink first. The next "ante" will be on Jan 17th.

320AV8R

Cobra (NWA) Airlines is in the on deck circle. There is a time and place for the strike. Now is the time. P.S. Strike scoreboard last 40 years. NWA 5 DAL 0.

Yes the pilots at NWA are seeking brand scope on 55+ seat flying. The judge will side with us; We have gone and said we will fly the airlink jets inside of the scope agreement at the regional rates. This is a done deal, we are kicking all the airlink pilots to the street or we leave. Seriously, I don't want to take the job of a XJ/9E pilot under these circumstances. However, I do believe it is a must to save the future of this profession. I would like to see those pilots who get the boot at least get a furlough number on one seniority list.

YourPilotFriend said:
The judge will side with us;
How do you know ? Mgmt has a loooong list of reasons why their plan is better. Have you spoken to the Judge ?

We have gone and said we will fly the airlink jets inside of the scope agreement at the regional rates.
True.

This is a done deal,
Not true. The hearing before the Judge is on Jan 17th; nothing has been decided.

we are kicking all the airlink pilots to the street or we leave.
Not true. Our current scope dictates we own 55+ seats. There is talk of putting more seats in the AVROs. We are not kicking anybody anywhere, and our NEWCO negotiations have nothing to do with PCL and Mesaba pilots getting the boot.

Seriously, I don't want to take the job of a XJ/9E pilot under these circumstances.
Good, because you won't have to.

320AV8R

YourPilotFriend said:
This is a done deal, we are kicking all the airlink pilots to the street or we leave.

Wanna place bets on that?

Latest resources

Back