• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA F/A's reject offer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not to mention the hiring and training costs for new f/as -- money that nwa would probably not like to spend.

eaglefly said:
Hopefully, if a court forces the F/A's to involuntary servitude and they work for peanuts WHILE simultaneously watching themselves being replaced, they'll begin resigning enmasse. Look for the pilots to turn their backs on the F/A's and agree to immeadiate imposition of their joke of a contract.

It would be nice if congress could turn their backs on the pilots (at least they'd know how it felt) and DENY pension legislation. The taxpayers WILL turn their backs ON ANY politician who wants to take money out of their paychecks to fund this and other groups that were screwed by their irresponsible and/or crooked management.

If all this pathetic airline will have is foreigners who work for change as F/A's and SCAB mechanics, why save it ?

For 5000 pilots or so ?

For gate agents ?

Neither group has demonstrated they are worth it and there are no respectable employee groups left.

I say if the F/A's don't get a decent work environment, then they should resign enmasse (and quickly) so they can sink this turd.

I ask the F/A's to retain respect or get the better jobs out there that DO exist.

The key is to do it together and quickly.
You're a complete idiot who has not a SINGLE CLUE about the topic of which you comment on. Please elaborate on how it is up to the government to decide whether or not to save NWA. Please elaborate on the history of AMFA at NWA and the actions, or lack thereof, leading up to the strike. (hint: ask the overwhelming majority of current Mech's who are former NWA AMFA Mechs who feel that they were screwed by AMFA). Aside from the use of Federal BK laws I wasn't aware that we were asking to be saved by the government. The same BK laws that saved CO and US twice. Haven't demonstrated we are worth it? Our TA is bad and I voted no. Having said that, please provide a line by line comparison of our TA to your current ATR/RJ contract or the current UAL contract. Work Rules anyone?

Go back to defending the profession, one cramped,miserable, unprofitable if-not-for-the legacy-fee-for-departure RJ flight at a time.

Acefaser said:
The FA's don't have the balls to take it as far as the MX did.
The F/A's voted to strike, so it's up to the union to decide. This is exactly what happened to the MX. We knew we had the resources to replace the MX so we pushed AFMA over the edge. The mechanics themselves never had the chance to vote on the contract that put them on the street. Believe me a bvast majority of mechanics are now back on the job working for NWA. In fact if you are a former NWA mechanic you have almost a 100% chance of being rehired. Once the company is in a position to remove the F/A's it doesn't matter how much concessions they are willing to take.

YourPilotFriend said:
The F/A's voted to strike, so it's up to the union to decide. This is exactly what happened to the MX. We knew we had the resources to replace the MX so we pushed AFMA over the edge. The mechanics themselves never had the chance to vote on the contract that put them on the street. Believe me a bvast majority of mechanics are now back on the job working for NWA. In fact if you are a former NWA mechanic you have almost a 100% chance of being rehired. Once the company is in a position to remove the F/A's it doesn't matter how much concessions they are willing to take.

SCAB NWA Manager

DTW320 said:
You're a complete idiot who has not a SINGLE CLUE about the topic of which you comment on. Please elaborate on how it is up to the government to decide whether or not to save NWA. Please elaborate on the history of AMFA at NWA and the actions, or lack thereof, leading up to the strike. (hint: ask the overwhelming majority of current Mech's who are former NWA AMFA Mechs who feel that they were screwed by AMFA). Aside from the use of Federal BK laws I wasn't aware that we were asking to be saved by the government. The same BK laws that saved CO and US twice. Haven't demonstrated we are worth it? Our TA is bad and I voted no. Having said that, please provide a line by line comparison of our TA to your current ATR/RJ contract or the current UAL contract. Work Rules anyone?

Go back to defending the profession, one cramped,miserable, unprofitable if-not-for-the legacy-fee-for-departure RJ flight at a time.

EXACTLY.

320AV8R

xjhawk said:
i was hearing that there are some FA's from other airlines who are willing to fly at NWA are being paid to be on standby to be ready to jump in in the event of a strike. Is there any truth to this rumor...?

Uhhhh....without company training???? I don't THINK so!

Oh, and one more thing that has gone unanswered....

someone please site the example(s) of the last time employee concessions:

1. saved an airline from DECLARING BK

and

2. saved an airline from liquidation

thank you

Mav204 said:
how can NWA/judge make a strike from the FA's illegal?

I'm by no means an attorney. But from my understanding the court can order an injunction barring a strike... If the union still struck, that'd be in violation of the court order... AKA.. Illegal...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back