Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Butters

Keepin' it real...
I don't know why this surprises me. On the news in MSP tonight they said that the execs at NWA have asked the bankruptcy judge to approve "$20 million for executive bonuses." They say if they don't get them, quality managers will leave and it will be harder to succeed.

And we wonder why this whole red-headed family is sinking into the sewer. Classy, fellas. Pure class.

Butters said:
execs at NWA have asked the bankruptcy judge to approve "$20 million for executive bonuses." They say if they don't get them, quality managers will leave and it will be harder to succeed.

This seems to be pretty standard procedure for airline executives from each of the troubled carriers. They look out for themselves first. Hopefully the judge will deny their request or require that the bonuses be tied to legitimate performance goals.

Let them leave- if they were good managers the airline wouldn't be in bankruptcy. They will hose every last employee beneath them to give themselves more and more and then leave anyway once they have stolen a golden parachute from the employees that they have mismanaged from the start. Just my opinion on the vast majority of airline managment.

I think it was in the times or one of the other rags they actually had a PR quote about why they were asking the judge for that money. It went like this "to help ecourage, and retain Northwest's top talent...." Needless to say the crew got a giggle out of that one.

Yea...used to hear that encourage and retain crap over at United all the time when they filed.

Have you folks over at NWA considered outsourcing executive management?

Yea, I don't understand what the bonus is for! Let them work hard on getting the airline straight, then lets pass out some bounuses!

Good ole Leo passed out the bonuses over at big D a few years back to keep the "talent". It was something like 2 or 2 1/2 years later and they were all gone. Including Leo!

I guess the "good goes around" only applies if your top management.

oh well. whatever.

I'd say NWA MGT would have an easier go of it if they can get their BK judge in their pocket, a la UAL style. Those folks have taken the avereage corporate BK filing and elevated it into an art form.

Latest resources

Back