• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA/DAL Merger to be Announced Today

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's why a friend of mine punched out of the Red Tail 757 left seat at 58. He did the math and figured out that after commuting expenses, crash pad, union dues, etc. etc. he was LOSING $200 a month by going to work. Papers went in the next day. Many pilots are more mathmatically challenged which explains why the fossils keep flying.

Ask them again when they are 64.5 and you're still throwing gear for them...

Heyas,

Can't do it...they're still leaving. Out of 109 since January, 89 have decided to leave...almost all of them at 60 or earlier. A couple were 61, but they were ropes.

Only 20 have decided to work past 60.

The DAL guys might be sticking around, but a large majority of NWA guys are going out on time or earlier, principally due to what was mentioned above with the excess plan and lump sum. A LOT of guys are taking the money and splitting.

If there is any equity payout from a merger, even more will leave.

Nu

Last edited:
If there is any equity payout from a merger, even more will leave.

Yep! A bunch of guys are sticking around to see if there is a payout. If there is none, you can be sure they will be gone shortly after. If there is one, they will be gone shortly after that.

There will always be a few that fly to 65, some live for this job, but that is not the majority.

I am excited to become the Uber airline as long as there are no furloughs.

The question is would they still leave if they were getting the money that I outlines above. I do not think so. That would more than make up for their pain of having to come to work.

I am excited to become the Uber airline as long as there are no furloughs.

"Uber airline?" Who are you, der Fuhrer? or just some tool loaded on red kool-aid trying to act like der Fuhrer?

The fact is, guys you counted on retiring at 60, haven't. Hiring you counted on, stopped. Planes you said wouldn't be parked, are.

Oh, wait...they're "spares." My bad.

How are your "career expectations" looking to an arbitrator these days?

I'll bet you a sawbuck the 787 will be delayed again, so don't even bother responding with that.

p.s. there will be furloughs. you know it, and I know it.

Last edited:
Possible, but not probable. That is even coming from my union rep. It is a real possibility but something that would only occur is a few more fence posts are met in the economy. To date we are no where near them. So chill out.

Possible, but not probable. That is even coming from my union rep. It is a real possibility but something that would only occur is a few more fence posts are met in the economy. To date we are no where near them. So chill out.

you appear to be extremely knowledgeable in Delta's operations, far more than I am. After reading many threads here, I respect your posts greatly.

Having said that, your opinions are nothing more than speculations, same as mine.

My opinion is that it will be impossible for the airlines to realize any "synergy" minus a lot of labor cost cutting, including from the pilots.

Delta and NWA can't absorb the current price of oil. Delta is slightly better postitioned with its increasing international emphasis, but not by much, and not enough.

The money men can't cash in without furloughs.

"Uber airline?" Who are you, der Fuhrer? or just some tool loaded on red kool-aid trying to act like der Fuhrer?

The fact is, guys you counted on retiring at 60, haven't. Hiring you counted on, stopped. Planes you said wouldn't be parked, are.

Oh, wait...they're "spares." My bad.

How are your "career expectations" looking to an arbitrator these days?

I'll bet you a sawbuck the 787 will be delayed again, so don't even bother responding with that.

p.s. there will be furloughs. you know it, and I know it.

You sure are cool...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back