• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA/DAL JCBA Final Thoughts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Will the merger go forward with or without a positive vote by the two pilot groups?
YES!

Will the pilots at the new merged airline be unified or fighting one another?

Fighting one another.

Will the cooperative agreement create a better future for both pilot groups?
NO! And don't let management, lawyers, and Wall Street investors tell you otherwise. Management and Wall Street profit when the stocks initially go up (everyone remember how high the new US Airways stock went when they 'merged' with AWA)? Once the dust settles, management, lawyers, and Wall Street will have cashed out. Employees will be the screwed group.

Will a cooperative approach break the chain of merger/pilot conflict and lead to more opportunity for growth and successful careers for both pilot groups?
Perhaps.

Will a refusal to ratify the JCBA, by either pilot group, launch us down the road of a traditional merger process, with the protracted inefficiencies and animosity that often result?

You bet yur as$! Would you expect any differently?

NO! And don't let management, lawyers, and Wall Street investors tell you otherwise. Management and Wall Street profit when the stocks initially go up (everyone remember how high the new US Airways stock went when they 'merged' with AWA)? Once the dust settles, management, lawyers, and Wall Street will have cashed out. Employees will be the screwed group.

I disagree, the future prospects are better for the NWA and DAL pilots. The only people negatively effected in the short term are the regionals that will have their growth stopped. By NWA and DAL joining up the regionals growth prospects will pretty much be nill. Which is good for the industry long term as a whole. All pilots should want the growth to be at mainline, the damage needs to be and will be stopped under this agreement.

I dont think there are many people who think that the NEW DELTA wont be a better airline after the dust settles, except you i guess. ;)

Time will tell

Last edited:
Just vote No! Duration is too long, pay raises are too small and the DC contribution is too little too late.

What kind of pay raises are you expecting? With the way the industry is now a days you have to be a complete a$$ to think that we will ever see $300K.

Any pay raise is good in this environment. Doubt the JCBA will see improvements if we vote it down more likely the opposite.

Voted yes

Good for you. At least you're not a greedy douch**** like many of these guys.

Voted yes because General Lee did and he is my hero. :) Seriously though, voted yes due to the pros outweighing the cons.

Anyone heard a word on how SLI negotiations are going? Or I guess I should say "how it went?" I'm assuming if they had achieved a negotiated deal they would have publicized that fact.

Last edited:
Anyone heard a word on how SLI negotiations are going? Or I guess I should say "how it went?" I'm assuming if they had achieved a negotiated deal they would have publicized that fact.

We got an email today saying they are waiting until after the JCBA voting is over. Been very quiet since negotiations started.

Imagine they went nowhere. Things will happen last few days before arbitration ruling.

Anyone know when the results from the JCBA votes will be published? Will we know tomorrow night, or does it take a few days to "count" electronic votes?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back