NWA?DAL deal rumored within 2 weeks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Heyas,

Rumor is that the deal will be announced Monday, along with a pre-arranged deal between the NWA and DAL MECs for seniority integration.

Nu
It's Wednesday......................

Umm...

i have yet to see you deny that you are also 737pylt, Jmoney, scope_out_rjs, and others.
Just curious....but, wouldnt the moderaters of this board be able to identify this, if its true and put an end to it???

Just curious....but, wouldnt the moderaters of this board be able to identify this, if its true and put an end to it???
Only if he was causing a problem that violated board rules, i.e. profanity, libel (using actual names in a slanderous manner), or just spewing hate with no underlying purpose of posting except to tell people off.

The General may not be able to talk impassionately about Delta (sorry man, I love a lot of your posts, but everyone understands the basic premise that REPEATED bankruptcies over several years as a business model is simply unethical), but he's very lucid on other airlines, even if a bit blunt sometimes.

I do, however, agree with Mr. I'm-so-drunk-I-can't-see-straight-Avatar, about bankruptcies.

Many people got so screwed by 9/11 that they had no choice in the end (furloughs, displacements and 40-60% pay cuts including their displacement AND concessionary agreement pay cuts), unable to sell house and downsize or get rid of boat/expensive car in time. They get a 2nd chance and, if they learn to live with a lifestyle that leaves them a good monthly buffer, don't get upside down on their house or cars, and keep a 3-6 month living contingency in savings, then bankruptcy served its purpose.

Same goes for the airlines. Unfortunately, history has taught us that airline managers DON'T learn from bankruptcy. They continue to reap large profits, pay off assets, then mortgage them back, drive the stock price up by having large amounts of cash on hand, paying themselves ABSURD bonuses, then leave the company shelled and impossibly in the red.

THEN they DO IT AGAIN a decade later.

It's a flawed system, and needs to stop. Unfortunately, it probably has come too late to help any of us who actually WORK for said airline(s), as does pension reform AFTER the pensions are already gone.

Attempting to justify an airline that dumps its pension obligations then makes over $250 MILLION the next quarter, $350+ Million the next, and so on and so forth (US Airways) all in the name of "the fairness of the bankruptcy process" is a deeply flawed argument.

That's similar to allowing an individual to rack up a few hundred thousand dollars in credit card debt every 10 years then file bankruptcy and keep all the nice things they bought with it.

Funny how people can think that one is a thief, and the other is just "doing business"...? Craziness.

General, who...

Hey GL; what's up? Sure are busy on this thread today. What's with that guy your posting with...geez gimme a break!!

On the business end of this exercise, I think a DL/NW merger is imminent and the makes the most sense. UAL should be broken (sorry UAL guys) up with the best pieces going to carriers that will utilize the assests. Perhaps the most jobs can be saved this way.

All this will most likely occur this year, with the usual long and drawn-out court battles to follow. Let's just hope all the seniority issues get settled in a somewhat equitable manner. i.e. I'll probably get totally screwed, oh well!!

Take it easy boys and girls...we're all in this together.

All for now,
DLslug

P.S. Sounds like I'm running for a Presidential Primary, scarry!

General Lee,

TEN THOUSAND posts!! WOW, that is a great accomplishment! Your layovers must be REALLY exciting. Let's see, oh yeah, fly to Europe, 30 hr layover, check into hotel, get to room, open laptop, log onto flightinfo.com and spend the next 25 hrs posting. AWESOME DUDE!! ROCK ON!!

It's called life, start living it....are you really accomplishing ANYTHING on flightinfo?

General Lee,

TEN THOUSAND posts!! WOW, that is a great accomplishment! Your layovers must be REALLY exciting. Let's see, oh yeah, fly to Europe, 30 hr layover, check into hotel, get to room, open laptop, log onto flightinfo.com and spend the next 25 hrs posting. AWESOME DUDE!! ROCK ON!!

It's called life, start living it....are you really accomplishing ANYTHING on flightinfo?

Thanks DUDE...? I have been on this board for 9 years, and I respond (and increase my post total) to dorks like you, which in reality is a complete waste of time. Can anyone ACCOMPLISH anything on an anonymous board? No, but you knew that. You think you are "cool" by trying to slam me, but in reality you show your complete ignorance. And, I have a great life. Bye now and I am closer to 10,000 posts thanks to you.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Thanks DUDE...? I have been on this board for 9 years, and I respond (and increase my post total) to dorks like you, which in reality is a complete waste of time. Can anyone ACCOMPLISH anything on an anonymous board? No, but you knew that. You think you are "cool" by trying to slam me, but in reality you show your complete ignorance. And, I have a great life. Bye now and I am closer to 10,000 posts thanks to you.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Ohhh, good one, dorks like me...wow, you got me good there. Must have been a great nine years typing away trying to prove how smart you are in knowing how to save the airlines and how your beloved Delta is the best airline ever. I bet your layovers are lonely...

Rock on dude!!! Your the coolest...

Ohhh, good one, dorks like me...wow, you got me good there. Must have been a great nine years typing away trying to prove how smart you are in knowing how to save the airlines and how your beloved Delta is the best airline ever. I bet your layovers are lonely...

Rock on dude!!! Your the coolest...

Hey, you obviously can't debate the issues, so instead you try to slam. Classic 4th grade schoolyard mentality. And, you seem really jealous. If you want to TRY to apply to Delta, the application window is open, though it seems obvious from my vantage point that you probably won't get past the initial interview, and absolutely won't get past the psych eval. Good luck to you, and try to think hard on how to respond. (try debating the issues IF YOU CAN)

Bye Bye--General Lee

Don't bother arguing with GL. He is completely oblivious to reality. Delta can do no wrong, bankruptcy was great, blah blah blah.

Plus, he is forever arguing with his other screen names on various threads (737Pylt, JMoney, etc).

The previous poster's speculation on how GL spends his European layovers probably can't be too far from the truth.

Latest resources

Back