• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

nwa-compass hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As a NWA frequent flier, I'm curious whether anyone knows when the new E-jets and CRJ700s are supposed to come online? Although they're newer jets, I will miss the 9s - great jets, but I imagine that even though they're paid for many times over they must have killed NWA last year when fuel prices skyrocketed.

Peace...
Xj should be online with the 900 by the beginning of summer. Compass is another matter, at the rate they're going the fall would be the earliest. However, for compass I think sometime in 2008 is more realistic. The 175's will probably be delivered to the desert. That's if compass is actually a real airline, IMO there is one more concession to give. That is to operate the 76 seat jets at mesaba rates instead of compass. As soon as NWA pilots let that happen compass will disappear, or XJ will be renamed compass. There is no purpose for NWA to acquire mesaba other than for this reason.

Could you elaborate please?!

Well, once the XJ guys up and head out of here, we are going to be in a serious bind for FE's. The company is struggling right now to fill classes for pre-existing attrition. Now you throw in the fact that we are going to be losing around a 1/4 of our FE's when these guys depart, and you can see that we're going to have a big problem on our hands.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back