NWA Cargo (Delta) Scope? whoops.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General you got close.
AF/KLM has invested a lot of cash in their cargo op. NWA/DAL has not. Old jets et al. AF need to keep theirs going, whereas we do not. That is why it went to them. Our jets are old and it is a place we have neglected and opted to save money on. Stinks but once again money talks.
The need the cash flow to pay the lease payments on the jets. Our are old and are paid for. MTC is huge and is a cost that brought down the op. See where this is going?

General you got close.
AF/KLM has invested a lot of cash in their cargo op. NWA/DAL has not. Old jets et al. AF need to keep theirs going, whereas we do not. That is why it went to them. Our jets are old and it is a place we have neglected and opted to save money on. Stinks but once again money talks.
The need the cash flow to pay the lease payments on the jets. Our are old and are paid for. MTC is huge and is a cost that brought down the op. See where this is going?

I got close? Huh? Says who? I nailed it. Haven't I said so far that NWA didn't reinvest in new planes? I think I did. Didn't I say AF has NEW 777Fs? I think I did. Come on man, re-read my posts if you need to. I didn't just "get close."

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
So when it comes to replace the 767 fleet and we haven't invested in any new planes, can we outsource those to AF/KLM too?

I got close? Huh? Says who? I nailed it. Haven't I said so far that NWA didn't reinvest in new planes? I think I did. Didn't I say AF has NEW 777Fs? I think I did. Come on man, re-read my posts if you need to. I didn't just "get close."

Bye Bye--General Lee

You did.

That is the issue. We are not reinvesting in ourselves because we do not have the ability to. Step two, is foreign ownership.

GL,

Let me see if I get this.

If ASA wants to fly 764's to ABY and BQK they can because Delta never did that flying? Thats what your saying.

701EV

GL,

Let me see if I get this.

If ASA wants to fly 764's to ABY and BQK they can because Delta never did that flying? Thats what your saying.

701EV

No, that's not what I am saying. It is all in the contract, and our scope clause prevents you from owning anything larger than 76 seats, and limited at that. We can also approve codesharing on other airlines with Delta. Those other airlines here, AF/KLM/Martinair all currently fly their own planes (and freighters) across the Atlantic---already. They now would like to throw our name on the shipping papers, on routes they already fly. They aren't taking our flying that we have been doing for the last 5 years out of ANC, nope. They aren't using our NRT slots. They already fly the cargo planes, and our cargo planes are going to the scrap yard. It is about as simple as that. Now, our contract states we do have final approval on this cargo venture too, and we would like to see why they approved it. But, I believe it will be a lot like the current agreement NWA and KLM have had for the last 10 years, which has been successful for both of them.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I can see where you are going with this, but this ISN'T REPLACING any of our lost service. If it were directly using our NRT slots and flying in and out of ANC to ORD, JFK, LAX, etc (like NWA Cargo DID or will do until the end of the year), then that is something totally different. Would I like to have our OWN cargo planes doing some of that Trans Atlantic stuff? Sure I would. Can you find me some newer cargo planes in the meantime? No one else (NO ONE) uses Cargo 742s except Evergreen, Atlas, and Connie now. UPS parked all of their 742s because they were falling apart, and that is why we will be doing the same. Most of the Asian carriers have parked their 742s as well---JAL Cargo, NCA, Cathay Cargo, and even Korean. Air France has parked all of their cargo only 742s, and now uses 744Fs and new 777Fs. I wish we had some of those new 777Fs---that would make it easy. Too bad there aren't any except the new ones coming off the line to Air France and Aerologic.

Bye Bye--General Lee
Evergreen, Atlas and Connie are dumping the 747' 2s also and slowly replacing them with 74-4's.

Evergreen, Atlas and Connie are dumping the 747' 2s also and slowly replacing them with 74-4's.

I didn't know Evergreen was doing that, but I did know about Atlas and Connie. They are more fuel efficient and a better cargo bird currently. I guess we could buy some used ones in the desert, but it would take awhile to convert them.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back