• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA Cargo (Delta) Scope? whoops.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My buddy said he got some kind of memo last week that said something about a "special MEC meeting" in ATL today...maybe today is the day for the storming?

I think we are going to have to look at this one closely. BUT, we have NOT been flying cargo 742s over the ATLANTIC in years. Nope, the NWA 742s have been flying out of an ANC hub to Asia, almost exclusively. No flights to AMS (maybe MAC pax runs on the 2 pax 742s), nothing across the atlantic. If they started using them on our NRT slots thru ANC, I think that would throw up a huge red flag. If this is only across the Atlantic and nothing using our slots in NRT, then this may slip by. Face it, the cargo 742s have run their course, and there aren't a lot of other cargo planes out there except old DC10s and DC8s (both dumped by FedEx and UPS lately). We still need to watch this, though..... KLM owns Martinair Cargo (and the pax airline Martinair), along with their own 744F operation out of AMS. Air France has cargo 744s, and now cargo 777s. (the first to have new 777s solely for cargo use)

Bye Bye---General Lee

I am starting to see why 68% of all DL flying is done by connection, and this guy says he is tough on scope LOL

I don't get how someone can say this isn't a straight-up outsourcing of your flying. So they're not flying the exact same routes, YET? Give them time. Within a year, there'll be a bunch of shiny new 777's and 747's in your ALLIANCE PARTNER'S colors performing all of that flying. I hope you guys are able to quash this... For ALL of our sake's.

The Special MEC meeting today is for the PERPS for those freighters being parked. Expect details by the end of the week.

As for this, I hate to say this, but we do not have tactile info on this. The release says access. Not new service, not service out of ANC, but access to a existing route network. IMHO if proven successful, it could lead to a dedicated cargo arm of Delta again.
DALPA has been in high level talks with AF, KLM and their respective unions. I am sure this is not a surprise to them.

I agree that we need to watch this joint venture closely. I have been saying that wide body lift is going away because of it.

I think we are going to have to look at this one closely. BUT, we have NOT been flying cargo 742s over the ATLANTIC in years. Nope, the NWA 742s have been flying out of an ANC hub to Asia, almost exclusively. No flights to AMS (maybe MAC pax runs on the 2 pax 742s), nothing across the atlantic.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Really?? Are you sure on that one???

T
As for this, I hate to say this, but we do not have tactile info on this. The release says access. Not new service, not service out of ANC, but access to a existing route network. IMHO if proven successful, it could lead to a dedicated cargo arm of Delta again.
DALPA has been in high level talks with AF, KLM and their respective unions. I am sure this is not a surprise to them.

I agree that we need to watch this joint venture closely. I have been saying that wide body lift is going away because of it.

Whatever happened to those huge highly expensive refrigerated cargo containers that DL bought (per article around the time of merger announcement). Does anyone know where those are actually being used? Actually personally seen them in DL or NW planes?

Whatever happened to those huge highly expensive refrigerated cargo containers that DL bought (per article around the time of merger announcement). Does anyone know where those are actually being used? Actually personally seen them in DL or NW planes?

They are for the under hold of our jets. Not for a upper deck.

I know we were planning on using some to bring in our own food for a few outbound Africa flights.
I am sure we are using them, but I have not looked in to it.

Heyas FDJ,

While I like your motivation and drive, remember, this is the MEC that said that resolutions were "not the will of the membership".

Nu

Well if the same 40 faces show up to the meeting then it will probably fail and if it does pass then it will barely squeak by. More importantly, if no one bothers to participate it will demonstrate that there is little interest, in which case the MEC is correct.

Last edited:
just curious: why is it that everyone is up in arms over a few widebody jobs being outsourced when for YEARS they have been outsourcing junior jobs to the RJ's? I agree with Voice of reason that NOW is the time to raise the bs flag over this. any lec rep that supports the current mec structure should be voted OUT in the next round of elections.

MOAK=NO SCOPE.....on either end of the list!!!

It's replacing our whales, GL. I don't care where they are flying. It's not like there isn't plenty of new or even used freighters out there that we could get to replace the old classics.

They can easily do this at DL mainline, but our widebody jobs are getting outsourced now.

Within 10 years - "Welcome aboard Skyteam airlines, this skyteam flight will be operated by Delta Airlines"

Latest resources

Back