NWA cancels SEA-LHR, DTW-CDG, DTW-KIX-TPE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DAL Cancels

Just read somewhere that NWA just announced those routes are going to be cancelled, in Jan and Mar respectively. I assume those planes will find better routes with more revenue potential. I guess AF's A332 from CDG to DTW had enough seats alone onthat route. I also have a feeling that 744 flying to KIX from DTW will be heading south towards ATL, maybe to start NRT or Sao Paulo.....?

Bye Bye--General Lee

GL, Let's be clear - it is DAL that is canceling these flights and reallocating resources.

GL, Let's be clear - it is DAL that is canceling these flights and reallocating resources.

You are right, who made the decision? Delta did. And you will really like Glenn Hauenstein, he is a genius. He will find the right planes for the right routes. In that Star Tribune article he stated the 744s are too large for current routes, so guys flying it will get to see new ones. That is good for you and me, meaning more profit sharing eventually.

Bye Bye--General Lee

You are right, who made the decision? Delta did. And you will really like Glenn Hauenstein, he is a genius. He will find the right planes for the right routes. In that Star Tribune article he stated the 744s are too large for current routes, so guys flying it will get to see new ones. That is good for you and me, meaning more profit sharing eventually.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Hmmm. They sure seem to fly full now. Rare to have more than a few seats open. Replacing them with acft that hold a 125 less seats does not seem to make sense unless we increase frequency. Maybe there are other routes that are more profitable where they could use the extra lift. We certainly have more pieces to mix and match now.

I also heard a 744 will be going to the paint shop ASAP to get into DAL colors so they can parade it out of ATL as the new queen of the fleet and visible symbol of the merger. Suprise they don't just use any old WB or a 777 as they are all the same. Someone obviously realizes the value of the acft :)

Last edited:
Hmmm. They sure seem to fly full now. Rare to have more than a few seats open. Replacing them with acft that hold a 125 less seats does not seem to make sense unless we increase frequency. Maybe there are other routes that are more profitable where they could use the extra lift. We certainly have more pieces to mix and match now.

I also heard a 744 will be going to the paint shop ASAP to get into DAL colors so they can parade it out of ATL as the new queen of the fleet and visible symbol of the merger. Suprise they don't just use any old WB or a 777 as they are all the same. Someone obviously realizes the value of the acft :)

The money to be made is not the people but the cargo. The passengers are just icing on the cake whilst the cargo makes the big money. And you can count on not much cargo leaving the US and lots of cargo out of Asia to ATL.

So, you are already questioning Glen Hauenstein? Uh-oh. Not a good start for you. He really is genius, and his counter part Bob Cortelyu is also really smart. They will find the right fit for "our" planes.

And, since we don''t have a 744 in our current DL fleet, a newly painted 744 of yours will make the transition look complete. Also, I am sure we would have LOVED to also have had a newly painted 787 there too, but......ah nevermind.... at least you have slots for them on your computer SLI model....

Bye Bye--General Lee

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Nevermind. For this Christmas I look forward to the Three Wise Men to following the star to Terminus, and to lay at the feet of the manger of the of the Worlds Premier Global Airline bringing us, Gold, Frankinsence and a Seniority List that preserves the Status Quo. And there will be glad tidings of great joy amongst those who were fearful.

Last edited:
where is kix? maybe they start to fly to cac pretty soon. or dtw to coc. then atl to dic.but only 8 times in 7 days....I could see them flying th 400s to fac.

First off, KIX is Osaka, Japan.

Second, Fins I am impressed you know ATL's original name.

Third, this is the most supportive I have seen GL yet towards the NWA'ers...at least it's a start.

First off, KIX is Osaka, Japan.

Second, Fins I am impressed you know ATL's original name.

Third, this is the most supportive I have seen GL yet towards the NWA'ers...at least it's a start.

Hey, I know they are on our team now, I just want the SLI to be fair. Not much I can do about it, but I always have an opinion, that happens to be backed up by testimony.... I can't wait to buy them beer someday (again, only 3rd and 5th rounds please).

Bye Bye--General Lee

From Jetjack74 on Airliners.net:

"More bad news. As with the SEA-LHR, DTW-CDG and DTW-KIX-TPE will also be suspended 18JAN and 01MAR respectively. This was another internal memo from Inflight Communications. It said that more international flying opportunities would be come available in the near future, but they're unable to announce them as of yet. The transition has begun."

Now, I told you I read it somewhere, and this was it. Is it true or not? I don't know. But, sounds pretty specific. Maybe you should investigate it more. We'll see. Sounds like the planes COULD be assigned somewhere else, maybe ATL....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Airliners.net huh? In that case it MUST be true!! ;) Come on GL, are you really looking at Airliners.net for your juicy info? :laugh:

Just giving you some well deserved grief ;)

Latest resources

Back