NWA cancels SEA-LHR, DTW-CDG, DTW-KIX-TPE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

General Lee

Just read somewhere that NWA just announced those routes are going to be cancelled, in Jan and Mar respectively. I assume those planes will find better routes with more revenue potential. I guess AF's A332 from CDG to DTW had enough seats alone onthat route. I also have a feeling that 744 flying to KIX from DTW will be heading south towards ATL, maybe to start NRT or Sao Paulo.....?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Don't know about LHR or CDG but the KIX's trip went from 7 to 5 days a week for the winter and reducing frequency in winter is the norm around here. And just in case you didn't notice NWA doesn't cxl anything anymore its all DAL's call..

Don't know about LHR or CDG but the KIX's trip went from 7 to 5 days a week for the winter and reducing frequency in winter is the norm around here. And just in case you didn't notice NWA doesn't cxl anything anymore its all DAL's call..

I wasn't making fun of anything, just stating what I read. As far as Delta making the call, that is correct. We have also heard that 744s would eventually be coming to ATL (flown by NWA crews of course), and they have to cancel other routes to do this, unless they buy more 744s. Well, looks like DTW-KIX is the first to get cut. Eventually it was going to happen somewhere....And it looks like AF wants the DTW-CDG traffic to themselves. Your A333 on the route will also probably head for ATL, and then maybe to South America or over to Europe. You never know.....all with your crews, though. No doubt there.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I saw no malice in your post, that said you can't fly a 403 seat A/C with 171 folks on board like I just did a few hrs ago from TPE to KIX and last very long. The economy is for sure going to be in the tank for a bit this winter be it Asia or Europe.

I saw no malice in your post, that said you can't fly a 403 seat A/C with 171 folks on board like I just did a few hrs ago from TPE to KIX and last very long. The economy is for sure going to be in the tank for a bit this winter be it Asia or Europe.

I bet you are right. It is good that we can move planes around and have different size planes to find the right niche. I really do like Hauenstein and Cortelyu. Those guys really are smart and can find interesting routes to hopefully provide good revenue and keep us going in the right direction. Also, if they don't like something, they will yank it off that route quickly, stop the losses, and then find something else for the plane.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I bet you are right. It is good that we can move planes around and have different size planes to find the right niche. I really do like Hauenstein and Cortelyu. Those guys really are smart and can find interesting routes to hopefully provide good revenue and keep us going in the right direction. Also, if they don't like something, they will yank it off that route quickly, stop the losses, and then find something else for the plane.

Bye Bye--General Lee
Hope so and keep me in beer too. Never been to TLV and looking forward to it....Ok speaking of beer think I''l go get my free one...later ..

Hope so and keep me in beer too. Never been to TLV and looking forward to it....Ok speaking of beer think I''l go get my free one...later ..
oh, you'll like TLV - it's a great layover. Really, I'm not pulling your leg, it goes very senior on the 767 here in NYC. We stay right on the beach, which is beautiful. Food's good... little to complain about at TLV.

SEA-LHR still in Pars thru May, as is DTW-CDG. Once again, the General's information is incorrect.

We'll see about that....I hope you are right.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
SEA-LHR still in Pars thru May, as is DTW-CDG. Once again, the General's information is incorrect.

From Jetjack74 on Airliners.net:

"More bad news. As with the SEA-LHR, DTW-CDG and DTW-KIX-TPE will also be suspended 18JAN and 01MAR respectively. This was another internal memo from Inflight Communications. It said that more international flying opportunities would be come available in the near future, but they're unable to announce them as of yet. The transition has begun."

Now, I told you I read it somewhere, and this was it. Is it true or not? I don't know. But, sounds pretty specific. Maybe you should investigate it more. We'll see. Sounds like the planes COULD be assigned somewhere else, maybe ATL....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back