NWA and DAL MECs dropped...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JAM-BRO

IMHO, the NWA and DAL MECs, as well as the respective Negotiation Committees, dropped the ball on this one... Why are they calling this a status and category award? It's a relative seniority award. Are you telling me that we could not come up with this award on our own? Did we need this stupid process? What a crock....

I feel this has been the biggest negative of this whole merger. It cost every one of us involved, a lot of money. We lost a 2% raise in pay, a 2% increase in DC payments and possibly a higher stock award. Plus, add to that the money wasted on a "war chest" required by each side to hire lawyers to deal with the arbitration process.

ALPA leaders on both sides did all of us a disservice. Not pointing fingers but making the point that we could have come up with this on our own.

Oh well, water under the bridge now... I believe we have a stronger carrier now... Let's make it a great place to fly at...

I respectfully disagree. I voted against the JPWA and am not a fan of the SLI result, but, think Reps from both sides did an outstanding job at making the best out of a situation management was going to execute with, or without, pilots' participation.

Failing to staple Compass and rationalize Section 1 was a failure. But that wasn't the entire test.

IMHO the MEC's both get A-, at least a 90%.

On the point of MEC leadership I think we need an entirely different group leading us into the next contract negotiations in four years. I get a little uncomfortable each time (like today at the conference call) managment thanks individuals from the MEC. There starts to become this brotherly love thing where the new found friend is afraid to say what he is really thinking for fear of offending his new VIP friend who is continually praising him in public. As always we will need people who can negotiate but also get tough and not back down when the time comes. I promise you even if Delta is making 2 billion plus a year in profits it will be a bloody battle when you talk about "restoration" that I know a lot of Delta guys rightfully feel should take place, especially with the loss of the pensions.

Last edited:
I respectfully disagree. I voted against the JPWA and am not a fan of the SLI result, but, think Reps from both sides did an outstanding job at making the best out of a situation management was going to execute with, or without, pilots' participation.

Failing to staple Compass and rationalize Section 1 was a failure. But that wasn't the entire test.

IMHO the MEC's both get A-, at least a 90%.

The company needed scope to be relaxed to do the merger, so pilot participation was needed...

I think both the MECs did a great job considering the complexity of the issue. Now it is time to unite and be a formidable power moving forward.

I fully agree. ALPA Merger Policy was NOT followed.

This is what annoys me about ALPA. They say one thing while talking out the side of their mouth about something else.

This is what annoys me about ALPA. They say one thing while talking out the side of their mouth about something else.

Okay........ALPA Merger Policy was not followed.

Call Steve Bradford and Lee Seeham, They will be happy to have all malcontents petition the NMB for representation by USAPA.

When you lose all other benefits that ALPA offers, you can have your day in court sueing and countersueing and be represented by a dysfuctional group of individuals who have all the answers. But when the judge sees through all the BS, you'll find that throwing your ALPA representation off the island is not in your best interest.

I'm just stating facts as they have been presented to the US/AWA merger.........not a pretty sight, but make your own assessment of the situation, and go from there.

Captairbusbb

Judging from your stats, you're a DAL guy...in what way do you think that ALPA policy was not followed?

Nu

I have some friends hired at DAL in '07 before merger announcement, one of them just prior. Where do they stand on this list?

Latest resources

Back