• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Nwa Amfa Hangs Alone, You Are Next

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
...too many airline managements depend on concessions to cover their financial blunders and that NWA shot down a lot of ticket price increases that could have reduced the amount of the concessions needed.

Not to mention NWA management's masterful strategy at fuel hedging. The $100 ticket vouchers for pax to ride on Champion Air was another real reveune generator. Way to go, NWA management- keep up the good work. And, don't forget to give yourself a well deserved cash bonus while you're at it- you earned it.

castle bravo said:
...too many airline managements depend on concessions to cover their financial blunders and that NWA shot down a lot of ticket price increases that could have reduced the amount of the concessions needed.

Not to mention NWA management's masterful strategy at fuel hedging. The $100 ticket vouchers for pax to ride on Champion Air was another real reveune generator. Way to go, NWA management- keep up the good work. And, don't forget to give yourself a well deserved cash bonus while you're at it- you earned it.

...plus how much was spent training replacements? $107 milllion I believe the number is. Pay close attention to what is going on and reread the title of this thread over and over...

Unit

psycho said:
Catheter,

You are so right!! If I were in a concentration camp with 99 other people, and the Germans said I could survive as long as I voted to eliminate 75% of the remaining lives, I would say " You guys are so cool, I look forward to a long and happy relationship with you'

You must be a French coward. Sorry I know that's redundant.

castle bravo said:

I forgot about that. How many times was NWA the one who shot down a fare increase? They have made huge blunders over there and now labor is paying for it.

Pretty sad days.... NWA shouldnt have messed up that CAL buyout a few years back.... too bad...

AMFA's gonna take it on the chops... Hang in there fellas !!

michael707767 said:
I forgot about that. How many times was NWA the one who shot down a fare increase? They have made huge blunders over there and now labor is paying for it.

Mgt's "last man standing" strategy was no doubt a "loser move".

They kept teling us that they couldn't raise fares but yet have done it 4 times this year. Too little too late.

They do expect labor to pay for their blunders.

Dave B

If what you all are saying is true (I'm not disputing that) then the NWA pilots should give themselves a 1.98% raise by dumping ALPA.

The course they "must" take removes the entire reason for having a union. Already you have huge backlogs of grievances (Who initially benefits from a CBA violation? The company of course.). Now, you have the union admitting more concessions are coming--and they can't do a thing to stop it.

Give me a reason for ALPA to be on the property anywhere. TC

AA717driver said:
If what you all are saying is true (I'm not disputing that) then the NWA pilots should give themselves a 1.98% raise by dumping ALPA.

The course they "must" take removes the entire reason for having a union. Already you have huge backlogs of grievances (Who initially benefits from a CBA violation? The company of course.). Now, you have the union admitting more concessions are coming--and they can't do a thing to stop it.

Give me a reason for ALPA to be on the property anywhere. TC

I love fellow "de-programmed" former union members... A couple years surviving the corporate side will do that for you.. ;)

Check Your Facts

psycho said:
Question for the pilot group with all due respect
You folks have 12% on furlough with recall rights and have taken a pay cut. No pilot at NWA is making less than 120 k. Most are making more.
WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING? There are A LOT of pilots at NWA that don't make 120K. Mabe most captains make more but not the FOs. They've already taken a 15% cut and the initial start from the company for round 2 is another 35% and 1800 more furloughs. That's before they rape the work rules.

Jim: Your post is right on the money.

FN FAL said:
Wouldn't a "lockout" have to occur before scabs could be given permanant positions?
Isn't that effectively what occurred when NWA started sending mechanics home early Friday evening?

Latest resources

Back