• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA 757 Go-Around at SEATAC - high winds. VIDEO

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What did the winds get up to yesterday in Seattle?

According to the Interweb news, 69 MPH @ Seatac, a new record.

Down here in Oregon, I heard two of my neighbor's big pine trees fall down, fortunately in his yard so I don't have to dust off my chainsaw! :)

I was out at my local aerodrome last night @ 1930 and the wind was strong enough to pick up pebbles off the concrete ramp and throw them -hard- at my windshield.

I went home. :)

C

That NW go around was Wednesday. I saw it on the 11pm news Wed night. The winds didn't really kick up until Thursday and Thursday night. Overall a lousy two days for flying.

farmin, You are right, yesterdays high winds are not related to the video if the video was taken Wednesday. Take another look at rudder and aileron/spoiler inputs on both approaches. When my copilot insisted it was turbulence causing his problems one day I paid a lot of attention to his inputs and how closely they matched the unstable arrival.

farmin, You are right, yesterdays high winds are not related to the video if the video was taken Wednesday. Take another look at rudder and aileron/spoiler inputs on both approaches. When my copilot insisted it was turbulence causing his problems one day I paid a lot of attention to his inputs and how closely they matched the unstable arrival.

Why don't you pay close attention to this video and note the large trees twisting in the wind. I don't know the exact winds during this landing, but it sure looks strong.

http://keyetv.com/watercooler/local_story_348131609.html

Latest resources

Back