• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA 757 Go-Around at SEATAC - high winds. VIDEO

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Call us back when you have flown something larger than a 737, ok?

Sincerely,

B. Franklin

I've got almost 5000 hours in the 757/767 and I'd put good money on that being a PIO. Not placing blame, as wake turbulence, wind gusts, mechanical turbulence, or whatever can cause conditions which require flight control corrections. You can see in the video that the spoilers were really working, so I'm guessing the pilot was really working too. I saw it once shortly after I checked out. I had a couple of rolls and recovered and never let it happen again...these guys just hit the ground first (which recovered them).

You're all wrong, this guy was just showing everyone how maneuverable the 75 is. He touched down on the first approach and went around showing how well he does bounced landings, and his approach was just practice for his future in aerobatics. He was trying to see how fast he could get the thing to roll...pretty good job if you ask me...besides, whats wrong with a little fun on your approaches and landings, kinda boring job if you can't do it every once in awhile.

and crjdxr...that is how you are SUPPOSED to fly an airplane, none of this straight and level crap!!! The lear does that kind of thing well, but the pull up at the end is a bit more abrupt. Ahhhh the days of flyin' freight....but a memory...:cool:

Watch the spoilers in the video.

The roll begins, and stops, EXACTLY when they are deployed/stowed.

Excellent observation. I'd say the media got it wrong on this one as well.

I wish I had copied the metar, but KBLI (about 60 north of KSEA) baro pressure was 28.98 on Thursday night. Pretty good for a plain old pacific storm.

Latest resources

Back