• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA 747-200 FE Workload...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
IMHO: Have fun and take the oppertunity to do some flying for a year that you can tell your grandkids about. There is no seat lock for NH's and you can be outta there as soon as you want.
Like everything in life, it will be exactly as much fun or pain as you want and allow it to be.

We have a winner! I wish like hell I'd done the Cairo (that's in Egypt, not Illinois, General... ;) ) 7 day trips when I'd had the chance. Won't happen (unless I go to EK).

Kids (and I don't mean that in a disparaging way--we were all kids at one time in this business), grab the good experiences whenever you can. Get out of the hotel room as often as you can. You can sleep when you die.

I got out of the FE seat ASAP because I wanted to fly airplanes. No shame in that. Everyone wants something different in life.

GL--The L10 FE was easy--I would have screwed something up on the 727. The 727 FE was harder. The 747 FE is one of the toughest jobs in the business. Lots of stuff going on. Also, no relief pilots.

Have fun wherever you end up! TC

You guys are forgetting the most important element to a 3 man crew....Plausible deniability. If that taco bell is brewing and you rip one off, you can deny it and nobody knows absolutely for sure who did it. No way out of that with a two man crew.

Plausible Deniability...

I'm still laughing. As an ex-xj'r, I really miss Mesaba humor.
I just say, "Howdy" and claim it.

Wow, gramps... I'm 32 years old. I sat sideways when I was 24, then went on to bigger and better things. I enjoyed it because I don't have an ego the size of the Hindenburg. I enjoyed it because I enjoyed the people I flew with. I haven't practiced my FE flows in 8 years. I'm sorry that your FE experience was unpleasant. You know, a small dose of personality goes a long way. You, clearly, are lacking in any redeeming personality traits, so I can understand why you had a tough time riding the panel. Seriously, I really am sorry that you're an a$$hole. I really am sorry that you probably still get smacked down by the Captain even though you've moved up to the mighty right seat. Above all, I'm sorry that you have to take your inferiority complex to the internet and bash the guys who come here looking for honest advice about SO positions at NWA.

You're a small man, General. You constantly feel the need to pick at others to make yourself feel more substantial.... what's worse, you do it anonymously on an internet webboard. As you sit at your computer, contemplating your 10,000th post, bragging to the flightinfo world about mighty Delta and your hot wife, do you ever sit back and think that your life might be traversing down the slippery slope towards bitter worthlessness???

Have a good night, and dream about sitting right seat to a NWA pilot after the merger. Bye now, dipsh!t.

If you think the "truth" hurts, then don't read my posts. I can't help it if I am correct about most of the stuff I type about. And no personality you say? I and many others beg to differ. I am about the most laid back guy at Delta, and just enjoy the banter. You are the one crying here.

My FE experience did suk, and I am sharing that experience, primarily because the thread starter asked for it. If you want only "positive" experiences, then I guess he should go to your own personal website "Iwasa24yearoldnerdFE.com". Wow, you had fun--that is suuuuper. Who cares, KID.

And, the best part, is that if there is a DL acquistion of NWA, I will be doing quite well, and most of the senior NWA guys will retire by 60 since they still have their pension and there is no reason to go past 60 in that case(leaves more opportunity to lose it if they do not leave--other terrorism etc). So, if it happens, I will be fairly senior eventually--and you will still be a "young punk." Again, I have almost 10,000 posts because I respond to idiots like you. Here I go wasting another one.....

Bye Bye--General Lee

If you think the "truth" hurts, then don't read my posts. I can't help it if I am correct about most of the stuff I type about. And no personality you say? I and many others beg to differ. I am about the most laid back guy at Delta, and just enjoy the banter. You are the one crying here.

My FE experience did suk, and I am sharing that experience, primarily because the thread starter asked for it. If you want only "positive" experiences, then I guess he should go to your own personal website "Iwasa24yearoldnerdFE.com". Wow, you had fun--that is suuuuper. Who cares, KID.

And, the best part, is that if there is a DL acquistion of NWA, I will be doing quite well, and most of the senior NWA guys will retire by 60 since they still have their pension and there is no reason to go past 60 in that case(leaves more opportunity to lose it if they do not leave--other terrorism etc). So, if it happens, I will be fairly senior eventually--and you will still be a "young punk." Again, I have almost 10,000 posts because I respond to idiots like you. Here I go wasting another one.....

Bye Bye--General Lee

So bitter.... Double breasted jacket a little too tight there, General??

So bitter.... Double breasted jacket a little too tight there, General??

Bitter? Nah. And I don't wear the jacket when I go to Rio (anything South of the Equator and we don't have to wear them). Feels so good. But I will wear it again next week in Vienna. Have a good one.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back