• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA 747-200 FE Workload...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"I did 6 months..." "I did 8 months..." WTF? You can't even call yourself a F/E unless you put in a couple of years. :rolleyes:

Kids...! ;) TC

P.S.--I was F/E on the L10 for 3 1/2 years but the L10 was so easy, I only got one year's resume credit for it. :D GL is right about it being a waste of time for resume purposes. Interviewer: "What was your scariest moment as a F/E?" Interviewee: "We left LGA for PBI and the FA said we only had two crew meals. Turns out she was wrong but it was touch and go for a minute..."

L10 FE???? That was super advanced compared to the 727. Most of your stuff was automatic (we had guys at the L10 FE too and they told me it was a lot easier than the 727) Most of the time I thought I was Radar O'Riely calling Sparky on the phone. The L10 FE was something guys actually wanted at Delta, versus the 727FE and the fire hose training. You had it easy, kid. The 747-200 is old technology too, and I think it would be a pain compared to getting the DC9 and doing something you already know how to do, which is fly. Being a plumber is not natural unless you are an A&P, and most PFEs have their A&Ps. You suddenly turn into a checklist monkey and "systems expert." It suked.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Being an FE is absolutely the worst "flying job" out there. Expect to be degraded and over worked,

Maybe that is the Widget culture?

---

Did you know that the former Western pilots have a secret recognition signal when they see each other in the terminal?

They smile!

Maybe that is the Widget culture?

---

Did you know that the former Western pilots have a secret recognition signal when they see each other in the terminal?

They smile!

Heyas In,

Dunno about Widget, but at NWA, it was a great job, especially if you wanted to build up some QoL and enjoy life after years of rowing at the regionals.

The only people I ever saw that didn't like the FE job were guys who had BIG egos who thought the job was all about proving something.

Nu

Heyas In,

Dunno about Widget, but at NWA, it was a great job, especially if you wanted to build up some QoL and enjoy life after years of rowing at the regionals.

The only people I ever saw that didn't like the FE job were guys who had BIG egos who thought the job was all about proving something.

Nu

WOW Nu

You just described GL........

Nu

Catch that, general?? Suits you to a T, I imagine. Always out to prove something.... How many times did the Captain slap you down for running off at the mouth when you were sitting sideways on the 727? I spent a little time on the panel of the 727 hauling contract freight and found it a very pleasant experience. Maybe I'm just easier to get along with than you are, you think? You're a clever guy, but your an ass. Plain and simple.

It must be absolutely wonderful to spend 9 hours in the cockpit with you on the way across the pond.

Last edited:
Catch that, general?? Suits you to a T, I imagine. Always out to prove something.... How many times did the Captain slap you down for running off at the mouth when you were sitting sideways on the 727? I spent a little time on the panel of the 727 hauling contract freight and found it a very pleasant experience. Maybe I'm just easier to get along with than you are, you think? You're a clever guy, but your an ass. Plain and simple.

It must be absolutely wonderful to spend 9 hours in the cockpit with you on the way across the pond.

Wow, all of you guys like to be the "third guy." That's wonderful. In all reality, it sucked. Try to perfume it all you want, it really sucked unless you were a military guy who had never seen CRM.

And listen here Gramps---you are the arse. Have a good night and dream about your FE flows. Bye now.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Well i will be the most junior in my class i am sure, so it might be the panel for me...We shall see

And listen here Gramps---you are the arse. Have a good night and dream about your FE flows. Bye now.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Wow, gramps... I'm 32 years old. I sat sideways when I was 24, then went on to bigger and better things. I enjoyed it because I don't have an ego the size of the Hindenburg. I enjoyed it because I enjoyed the people I flew with. I haven't practiced my FE flows in 8 years. I'm sorry that your FE experience was unpleasant. You know, a small dose of personality goes a long way. You, clearly, are lacking in any redeeming personality traits, so I can understand why you had a tough time riding the panel. Seriously, I really am sorry that you're an a$$hole. I really am sorry that you probably still get smacked down by the Captain even though you've moved up to the mighty right seat. Above all, I'm sorry that you have to take your inferiority complex to the internet and bash the guys who come here looking for honest advice about SO positions at NWA.

You're a small man, General. You constantly feel the need to pick at others to make yourself feel more substantial.... what's worse, you do it anonymously on an internet webboard. As you sit at your computer, contemplating your 10,000th post, bragging to the flightinfo world about mighty Delta and your hot wife, do you ever sit back and think that your life might be traversing down the slippery slope towards bitter worthlessness???

Have a good night, and dream about sitting right seat to a NWA pilot after the merger. Bye now, dipsh!t.

You guys are forgetting the most important element to a 3 man crew....Plausible deniability. If that taco bell is brewing and you rip one off, you can deny it and nobody knows absolutely for sure who did it. No way out of that with a two man crew.

I do not have first hand panel experience at NWA, but I do have 3000+ in the navy prior to starting my pilot career. It was some of the most rewarding and fun flying I have done in my career.

One other reason not to sweat about sitting in ANC for a year or so...

Every single line pilot at NWA that talked to the newhires going there said they would have a blast, that those guys in Anchorage were a little out of the way secret and it was some very top flying with a great bunch of guys. It seemed to me that about twenty or so pilots all said the same thing at the training center, So it can't be that bad.

IMHO: Have fun and take the oppertunity to do some flying for a year that you can tell your grandkids about. There is no seat lock for NH's and you can be outta there as soon as you want.
Like everything in life, it will be exactly as much fun or pain as you want and allow it to be.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back