• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NW Pilot's flight to Saudi Arabia - Track it here

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So I was wondering how you file, open and close flight plans in all of these places? I've done all my flying in the US and Canada, so I was curious as to how you handle this aspect. I'm assuming that when you're in Greece or elsewhere you can't just dial 1-800-wx-brief, like we do here.

Usually there is some kind of office you go to and do it in person. In India, one would have to have 3 other offices in the control tower stamp your flight plan, before tower would approve it.

They also have companies that will process documents and take care of the legalities of flying through multiple countries

Pretty neat..

Just out of curiousity what is the 172 being used for in Lebanon? (Private, Training, ?) Also, for small aircraft going across the world doesn't the buyer normally opt to have the wings removed and the plane shipped over? What does a ferry flight like this cost someone? I want to hear your tales of the trip because this is really interesting.

g

Just out of curiousity what is the 172 being used for in Lebanon? (Private, Training, ?) Also, for small aircraft going across the world doesn't the buyer normally opt to have the wings removed and the plane shipped over? What does a ferry flight like this cost someone? I want to hear your tales of the trip because this is really interesting.

g

No, they are tanked about $2,000+ Flown over $9k to $18k or more depending on aircraft... Crating and Freight can be very expensive and very slow (Months) to some places and some places they are unable to reassemble them properly!

Congrats!

NW, congrats on surviving a north atlantic crossing in a C172! That is defineately not for the faint of heart. Glad you enjoyed your b-day in Iceland.

What are current conditions like in Beruit? Apparently the airport is back in service, but what condition are the runways in? Did the Israeli's give you any hassle getting into Lebanon?

Looking forward to your answers, and please update that blog with pics!

No, they are tanked about $2,000+ Flown over $9k to $18k or more depending on aircraft... Crating and Freight can be very expensive and very slow (Months) to some places and some places they are unable to reassemble them properly!

Not to mention almost always damaged in some way.

NW, congrats on surviving a north atlantic crossing in a C172! That is defineately not for the faint of heart. Glad you enjoyed your b-day in Iceland.

What are current conditions like in Beruit? Apparently the airport is back in service, but what condition are the runways in? Did the Israeli's give you any hassle getting into Lebanon?

Looking forward to your answers, and please update that blog with pics!

[FONT=&quot]Yea, a 2 hour 30th B-day hahahahaha!!! Well runway 17 was only active runway was in great condition guess it had a big hole in it few weeks before wish our workers worked that fast to fix things. I will try and update I and just sending info and photos the web master will post when he can! I am still winding down from the trip! And prepping for my next trip! Oh, not one problem landing or getting in to [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Beirut[/FONT][FONT=&quot] at all I had a tougher time in [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Athens[/FONT][FONT=&quot]![/FONT]

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back