• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NW Pilot's flight to Saudi Arabia - Track it here

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok, I have made it to Paris, France and have sent some photos and info!

Wow what an awesome trip. Thanks for sharing with us. Looking forward to hearing more about it and seeing your pictures. Stay safe.

DB

Well I hope this guy tips well! I think garmin and cessna needs to put some more redundancy features in to their G1,000 platform especially in the fuel gauges and fix its reboot on error problem!

It´s not fun when your at FL 070 Solid IFR at night 200 miles form land and the fuel gauges on the main show 0 and then red X´s then full and the G1,000 start´s rebooting itself!

NW_Pilot,

The problem isn't the G1000 unit. This has been an issue with the Nav II (steam gauge panel) as well. It's faulty Fuel Sending Units. Cessna knows about the problem, but it's not very high on their priority list. I've got almost 1000 hours on brand new Cessnas and the fuel sending units almost always go out within the first 300 hours. Good times. I guess at least it's a warrantied item.

I have yet to see a G1000 reboot itself in-flight (or at all for that matter). I guess that bug was waiting on the lucky guy taking a trip acrossed the pond. Could be a avionics cooling issue. Avidyne's are notorius for that.

Safe trip :)

g

Ok, I have made it to Paris, France and have sent some photos and info!

I clicked on the link on the first post of this thread, and I only see a blog up until day 2. Can anyone link us to a more updated blog for NW?

Oh, BTW... NW, have the French tried surrendering to you yet? :laugh:

Shake the wing to fix the fuel guage problem. Our's showed zero, the tech came out and shaked the wing a couple times and wala it worked again. The rebooting has been happening to our a/c as well, I don't know the fix for it, but they don't do it anymore. Cessna might know what the deal is. Also, watch out for leaky wing fuel sumps, I've personally seen two myself, they dont leak at an alarming rate, but I know I wouldn't want my fuel leaking over the Atlantic...

Last edited:
Last I heard the G1000 problem was a cross threaded circuit breaker...

Not sure if that was the final problem or they are still tracking it...

Hey NW Pilot, while your in France, hop on a 10 speed wearing a yellow jersey with an American Flag and show em how it's done! Dont be suprised if you get drug tested there for EPO!

Anyway, glad to hear that your trip has gone well! And as JP4 said, you got some big brass balls there.....Good luck with the rest of the trip. Send more pictures when yah can.

To paraphrase Stephen Colbert, "......of course he has big balls. He's an American, we have big balls."

As for G1000 failures, I've never flown the 172 Nav III, but I've had a few in the DA40. I've had a fuel tank indicator fail in flight, got the red X, but still had the FF indicator and consumption calculations. I've also had numerous alternator failure warnings, all of which were false reports. I've had a couple of GIA1 fan failure advisories and a PFD fan failure, all of which went away upon landing. I've never heard of one of ours rebooting though.

Sounds like a great trip. Fly safe.

Made it to athens Maybe I can pass on some of my unusual philosophy hahahahaha to the Greek:laugh: well I may be here all weekend as have to wait for a permit to get in to my final location! If i can find the time I will write more and bay do I have tome tales!!! Stoped by a cessna service center in Rome, Italy and fixed a few issues and did it's 50 hour service!

Well someone else wants this puter so i have to go seee ya!!!

Latest resources

Back