• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NW Pilot's flight to Saudi Arabia - Track it here

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
that is awesome. hes gonna have a sh!t ton of stories some day from all these great flights that he gets to take.

Very cool..... I would have bought you a goodluck beer If I had known you were in Bangor.

I have done almost the reserve of that route, India to the US, via Oman, Saudi, Cyprus, up thru Eastern Europe, Scotland, Iceland, Greenland, Iqaluit, then North dakota.

You can do that northern route with VHF if you have enough altitude, depending on the route.

Hey, Everyone

I see flightinfo fixed the lost password feature!

Wow its been a wild ride unsecudualed stop in BGBW Greenland!!! Will tell more about that when I have the time! I am here in Keflavik, Iceland talk about some strong head winds today and being in a 172 30% over gross weight and aft I am unable to maintain 500´per min! On 123.45 When the airliners ask what´s my type during the relay even though I do have HF it still don't work so well at FL 120 when I tell them I am a 172 they usually ask me if I am crazy! I cannot talk the pretty receptionist in to letting me hook up my digital cam to the computer :( "Female humans and goood looking in iceland" Keep watching the page that was posted When I get access to a computer that allows me to hook up a data device I will send more photos!!! Will write you all again!

Ohh!!! I am not impressed with the G1000 It is a nice system but it still has a few big scarry bugs when one little thing go nutz!!! :eek: have photos will send when I can.

JP4user said:
Good luck..stay safe!! You have one big set of balls I will say that.

Well I hope this guy tips well! I think garmin and cessna needs to put some more redundancy features in to their G1,000 platform especially in the fuel gauges and fix its reboot on error problem!

It´s not fun when your at FL 070 Solid IFR at night 200 miles form land and the fuel gauges on the main show 0 and then red X´s then full and the G1,000 start´s rebooting itself!

Well it´s 1932Z Actual local time here and looks like weather is going to be good for the hop to the UK in the morning.

I will post photos when I can maybe someone will let me! I know in the UK there will be an Internet cafe someplace!

Did the tall blond customs woman in BIRK inspect you? She can full body search me anytime.

I ferried a warrior to Denmark last year, went from BIRK to Wick Scotland, very friendly place, most ferry pilots go thru Wick now instead of places like Shannon, and the owner of Far North Aviation enjoys ferry pilots stopping in.

One concern ferry pilots have with the G1000, is the battery backup apparently lasts just an hour. Fine if you are in the US, but not good if you are over the ocean as you lose an alternator.

Latest resources

Back