NW ALPA to stand up for Scope

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Monster buck,

I have made 78 posts total in two years. TWO on the majors boards that were one liners. One to correct a mistatement about our jets. Another to say not to group everyone on one persons opinion. So you either have the best memory in the world or you clicked on my avatar to see my post history. If you did that you know that I am not starting flame, chest pounding or anything the like on the major boards. I honestly reads these boards for info from other pilots. NOW, my response here was for the likes of redmeat and some of the other major guys on this thread. Click on thier avatar, read thier history, then get back to me and you will see exactly what I am talking about.

I do have a pretty good memory and I happen to like tractors. I have an old Ferg. TO 30. I have read your stuff and it always makes sense so when you threw in the part about allies turning to enemies I thought it was out of character. No big deal.

Yo Westbound,
Yo Deli Guy,
Look what happened when your mechanics decided to strike. They took it up the shorts and NWA just farmed out their work. If you do the same, NWA may do unto you what they did unto them.

Hey Westbound,
I have posted a bunch of stuff that is pretty complex on this board of why we COULD NOT support AMFA. Their position was so insane that to be associated with it hurt all the bargaining positions of all the unions. They pressed on with out a strategic position and screwed themselves. They could of (and now, wish the had) worked with ALPA the way we did it in 93' and we may have survived this.
I think NWA is trying to position us to where we can be replaced by dividing the pilot group and whittling it down to a replacable number. If the senior guys do not see this and try to save themselves, they will only put themselves into a weaker and weaker position (like the mechanics were in) I think that we are currently in a strong but risky position. I feel like the right position to take is to take the industry standard on all 60+ seat flying (effecting a "C scale") and telling management and the BK judge that this is our bottom line. It is a fair proposal. I think we are finally at a point where (finally) the junior and middle seniority guys are at peace with having a living wage job and letting the industry settle out and "live to fight another day" on wages.
Currently, we are not replaceable and that is the big difference in ALPA's strategy and AMFA's girly man attempt at playing hard ball with NWA Mgmnt.
Deli

Latest resources

Back