NW ALPA to stand up for Scope

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yo Deli Guy,

Look what happened when your mechanics decided to strike. They took it up the shorts and NWA just farmed out their work. If you do the same, NWA may do unto you what they did unto them.

westbound said:
Yo Deli Guy,

Look what happened when your mechanics decided to strike. They took it up the shorts and NWA just farmed out their work. If you do the same, NWA may do unto you what they did unto them.

Impossible.

It would take literally a year to get enough replacement pilots on-line.

If the pilot group strikes Northwest Airlines will bleed to death in about a week tops.

General Lee said:
NW ALPA to stand up for Scope

And in related news, Farmer Brown just closed his barn door. An all-points bulletin has been issued for his horse.

:uzi:Unfortunately, mgmnt knows that they now have an alli by ways of the bankruptsy judge. It is going to get very ugly and like Grinstein said "...the cuts will be fast a furious...!" Not Good! From the looks of it, most of us will end up spending our careers at a regional!:bawling: Not Good At ALL!!

Lets be honest noboby who writes on this board or reads this board will change the outcome of what is going to happen. Everybody has alot to loose, xj, 9e, and nwa pilots. Wouldn't it make more sense to preserve the jobs that we all have instead of seeing one pilot group suffer while the other prospers. Maybe that is impossibe? But I think it is worth a try.

JT8D said:
It would take literally a year to get enough replacement pilots on-line.

B 727-200 Pilots/Flight Engineers
Champion Air
Bloomington, MN
Fax: 952-814-8990 2,000 hours total pilot time, 500 hrs
turbojet SIC

I got this in my email inbox today. Doesn't NWA own Champion? Looks like they're already starting to line up 'replacements' like they did the mechanics and F/A's....

~wheelsup

wheelsup said:
B 727-200 Pilots/Flight Engineers
Champion Air
Bloomington, MN
Fax: 952-814-8990 2,000 hours total pilot time, 500 hrs
turbojet SIC

I got this in my email inbox today. Doesn't NWA own Champion? Looks like they're already starting to line up 'replacements' like they did the mechanics and F/A's....

~wheelsup

Champion currently flys charters and has been slowly hiring over the last several years. They tend to hire seasonaly and I heard they will hire about 20 this fall. However, the other rumor (for the last 3 years) is that they will eventually get Airbus 320s.

Deli Guy said:
Yo Monster Buck,
I know I have seen your input on the "majors" boards and your posts seemed pretty even keeled. Don't go off on this "former allies" thing because then "they" win. I am going anywhere the information is and there is some good stuff here. What happens to the "former" mainline guys is we get flamed by a guy like Jim Dandy and when we rebut him (always easy to do) it sort of spews over on to the other regional guys.
There is a real threat that we will strike over this SCOPE issue. I would not count it out.

I have made 78 posts total in two years. TWO on the majors boards that were one liners. One to correct a mistatement about our jets. Another to say not to group everyone on one persons opinion. So you either have the best memory in the world or you clicked on my avatar to see my post history. If you did that you know that I am not starting flame, chest pounding or anything the like on the major boards. I honestly reads these boards for info from other pilots. NOW, my response here was for the likes of redmeat and some of the other major guys on this thread. Click on thier avatar, read thier history, then get back to me and you will see exactly what I am talking about.

Latest resources

Back