• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Nutjets Recruiting

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually I would have taken a 2000 dollar pay cut.

But let's not use the facts they cloud your judgement.

Oh and the fab 5 can eat the nuts out of my sh!t.

Diesel said:
Actually I would have taken a 2000 dollar pay cut.

But let's not use the facts they cloud your judgement.

Oh and the fab 5 can eat the nuts out of my sh!t.

How would you get a $2K pay cut? I'd have got exactly what seaspray said. He's right, we should've signed the TA and then began working on a new deal.

Semen Spray, Get lost. Your just fishing. We are not going to tell you crap about anything. Try some different bait. Loser.

NJAFrac Pilot you are an idiot if you think we should have signed the TA. Maybe you were part of the Fab 5 circle jerk team. I have to laugh at those losers that voted yes on that POS. I fly the pledge everyday.

Some Dude said:
Semen Spray, Get lost. Your just fishing. We are not going to tell you crap about anything. Try some different bait. Loser.

SeaSpray said:
You can knock off the sexual references, I don't swing that way; you'll have to find a boyfriend somewhere else.

I'm not fishing; I apparently know more about your union than you do. I'm asking questions to help you learn more about the Teamsters you so fervently embrace. Have you found out why when you broke off from IBT Local 284 you formed Local 1108 rather than an independent union of your own?

Pretty soon now you're going to figure out that Dave V., Peter B., Paul H., Roger B., and Mitch M. weren't the idiots your current union leadership made them out to be. They got you a 13% raise and up to a $25,000 signing bonus that you threw away. You could have taken the TA and had the money while you worked on a new agreement.

Your choice was to have the money now and get more money later or to just get some money later. You chose to just get some money later, probably on about the same timetable as you would have had if you had of accepted the TA and began working on a new agreement last October.

What would Seaspray be fishing for? He seems to be the one with all the facts. You said that the Teamsters have saved NJA millions of dollars, but won't say how. It seems to me that would be something you would be proud of...

Last edited:
Sigh-

Let's revisit this once again. One of the comittees the union set up was the travel comittee. These guys traveled around checking out hotels, where to eat, a bunch of stuff. Took input from the pilots and the company and then made a list of all our top hotels.

They then went to the respective hotels and worked out lower rate, free internet and breakfast and a bunch of stuff the company never did.

I can't remember the exact amount but it was about 2 million dollars a year the union was saving the company in negotiated rates at better hotels than we were staying at. Now if we have a problem we go to the union travel and tell them about it. Missing points, bad hotel, they want to hear everything.

We usually get an answer back within a day and the issue has been solved.

That's just one way the union has saved this company a bunch of money.

NJAFracPilot- Wow suprised a 2000 pilot wanted to vote yes. (sarcasm) Anyways at my pay rate, years of service, yada yada yada after all was said and done it was a 2000 dollar pay cut. no thanks.

Diesal, these dorks don't deserve any answers. It is funny though how they think they know everything. I just like calling them what they are.

Diesel said:
Sigh-

Let's revisit this once again. One of the comittees the union set up was the travel comittee. These guys traveled around checking out hotels, where to eat, a bunch of stuff. Took input from the pilots and the company and then made a list of all our top hotels.

They then went to the respective hotels and worked out lower rate, free internet and breakfast and a bunch of stuff the company never did.

I can't remember the exact amount but it was about 2 million dollars a year the union was saving the company in negotiated rates at better hotels than we were staying at. Now if we have a problem we go to the union travel and tell them about it. Missing points, bad hotel, they want to hear everything.

We usually get an answer back within a day and the issue has been solved.

That's just one way the union has saved this company a bunch of money.

I have heard this before. A few q's. Who paid the union guys to do the research and travel expenses etc? Does your local have a local supported travel dept? or are you using the national? Were the union guys privy to the contracts NJA had with the respective travel cos? How long ago did this happen?

Some Dude said:
Southwest pilots union is a non-profit union. WTF does that have to do with the success of Southwest. What a stupid azz statement!

The Southwest Airlines Pilots' Association in no way resembles the Teamsters union.

Latest resources

Back