• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NTSB: Speedbrakes not armed before Southwest 737 excursion

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flap 40 overspeed being 156. hmmmm yah that clears it up, quite low that speed, at my present operator that load relief retract would dictate a go-around.....thanks for the info...

Just a bit. When you transition from crab to wing low it keeps the plane from crunching. We're talking crosswind over 30 knots. SWA uses different landing data and procedures, so roger on the flaps 40. I think the braking action was reported as fair. So 30 may not have been an option using aero data either. At any rate these guys would have been fine if they had spoilers or reverse. They didn't have either one, so it doesn't matter how smooth the flare and touchdown was. The sudden stop at the end is what ruined there day. Not a momentary flap overspeed which is a non event.

Our arctic eagle captains would have a coronary if you did this technique.

Mookie

Our arctic eagle captains would have a coronary if you did this technique.

Mookie

Speaking of arctic eagle captains, Mookie, whatever happened to everyone's favorite Fubijaakr? Haven't heard from him in forever. Did you finally shoot him or something?

Bubba

Speaking of arctic eagle captains, Mookie, whatever happened to everyone's favorite Fubijaakr? Haven't heard from him in forever. Did you finally shoot him or something?

Bubba

LOL...it wasn't me...:rolleyes:

Mookie

Latest resources

Back