• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NTSB on sleeping Mesa pilots incident, pt 1

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Not to go out quietly...good old Emir pissed all over his Mesa Dorm room. I'm not sure how much curry you need to eat to make your piss smell like that! I still remember Larry Risley running up the hallway screaming some obscenity. It was the funniest thing I can remember.

LMFAO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuGuy
Laugh all you want, but the railroaders have in their contracts that any hotel MUST have hot food available 24/7. MOT is such a place, so when we stayed there, we got to benefit from it.

Also, at 10 hours duty, the train stops...wherever it is.

If it matters, you make it happen...oh yea, they're under the RLA, too.

Nu

Well I agree we should have that...but what airlines do?

UPS has it in their contract. Plus all their long flights and short flights with an early show are catered.

Mesa schedules are not just about the day's schedule- or even the weeks. It's more about the month and the year- and really the years piled onto one another- they don't get the time off. Many times less than 10 days a month.

The reversing of your sleep schedule is the most damaging aspect of an airline schedule. I've had 27 hour layovers where you get to the hotel at 1am and end up with a 4 am wakeup call- how do you handle that? Much less scheduled reduced rest, 5 day trips,etc. THERE IS A CUMULATIVE AFFECT.
You can fly these schedules for a short period, but they catch up with you eventually- especially when a company constantly screws with you like mesa does. Schedule changes. Pilot intimidation. Weak union inundated with grievances they'll never have the $$ or time to deal with.
Mesa needs to go away- along with every other airline that operates like this. They take advantage of our professionalism and responsibility.

This is not just Mesa... this is everywhere the names and times change but the results are still the same. I because of my great luck have been forced to commute to ANC from NJ, often will work 2-3 days flying all night normally say 21:00-09:00 by the time get to the hotel. Then have a 10:00AM check in the next day. Unless we all just call in sick one day the only way it will change is if someone puts a passenger plane into the ground because of it. It is sad but true.

However I don't think "napping" is a solution. A six pack of red bull along with some potato chips can normally get through the switching of schedules. Just my two cents.

it IS an issue for all pilots- you're an idiot if you don't think this affects us all.
1st- stop giving your flying away to these carriers.
2nd- scheds at the bk majors aren't all that different.

"6-pack of red bull and potato chips"

like i said-= you can do that for a while- but it's like fast food- won't kill you today- but it'll kill you eventually- or if youre lucky- end your career and give you a wake up call first

it IS an issue for all pilots- you're an idiot if you don't think this affects us all.
1st- stop giving your flying away to these carriers.
2nd- scheds at the bk majors aren't all that different.

"6-pack of red bull and potato chips"

like i said-= you can do that for a while- but it's like fast food- won't kill you today- but it'll kill you eventually- or if youre lucky- end your career and give you a wake up call first

I'm not sure if you are insulting me or you agree with me so I'll just move on with life and try to get some sleep.

no- not insulting you, the person, but i am insulting the red bull and chips comment- you offer no solution except some monster walk out you know will never happen= then give off some defeated fatalistic rhetoric.
I definitely and always insult that. you have way more control than that- we all do.
oh- and i was insulting EVERY major airline pilot that ever voted to outsource flying.

After failing the test, they fired him. Not to go out quietly...good old Emir pissed all over his Mesa Dorm room. I'm not sure how much curry you need to eat to make your piss smell like that! I still remember Larry Risley running up the hallway screaming some obscenity. It was the funniest thing I can remember.[/quote]

Simply classic. My morning is now complete.
By the way four pages and Im the first to report
Mesa Sucks!

Latest resources

Back