Ntsb Notes First Officer's Failure....in 2003 Fedex Crash

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
bozt45 said:
She was being kept around because she was slated to be one of the first female fighter pilots. We had news and camera crews comming by all the time to document her "historic" efforts. Her grades, however, just weren't cutting it and things came to a head.

That's why we don't let women fly jets in my Air Force.

Now I am fishing for trouble, putting this on the board...

What Air Force?

Whether the pilot in question is a man or woman, logged time legit or on her back, flew the Dash-8 or a Duchess, black, white, gay, whatever... the fact remains from the relevant articles that this particular pilot has a history of busted training events and "poor airmanship."

All I can say is that I'm glad she's hauling boxes.

AA717driver said:
I spent half my career flying 1960's vintage DC-9's and they were built like brick $h!thouses. I'd rather fly a 30 year old DC-9 than a 10 year old Bus. (Appoligies to the Blue Crew... ;) )TC

Just to clarify: the gear that riped of was off a "new" MD-10, not a Bus. As strange as this may seem, the A300 is actually designed to withstand landing in a crab, and it is a published technique to land with some crab at crosswinds greater than 20 knots.

Last edited:
ATRedneck said:
the fact remains from the relevant articles that this particular pilot has a history of busted training events and "poor airmanship."

And the PIRA record that FDX looked at clearly pointed this out..

and she was hired because???????

So much for PIRA.

ultrarunner said:
And the PIRA record that FDX looked at clearly pointed this out..

and she was hired because???????

So much for PIRA.

She was hired prior to PRIA taking effect. That information was provided in the accident report.

Last edited:
ATRCAPT said:
Affirmative action is crap, especially in a field like aviation. WE SHOULD ALL BE HELD TO THE SAME MINS/QUALIFICATIONS/STANDARDS regardless of sex/color, yadda, yadda, yadda. I'm all for equal rights, but let's remember equal rights are NOT special rights.

Amen my brother!

Latest resources

Back